Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

For all of my Canadian friends.....

A

Anonymous

I dug this little pin today at a pre 1920 site.I am somewhat ashamed to say I had never heard of the "Queens own rifles".
In researching I was fasinated by what I found out about this heroic unit that was first assembled in 1860 (I think?)
Does anyone know how to put a date on this piece?What does the number 166 signify? It has the remnants of a pin on the back and is stamped on the back "Toronto Trophy Craft Co." (The dime is for size reference)
I think it is pretty amazing that this piece was manufactured in Toronto,Proudly worn overseas by a brave Canadian,and wound up in a farm field in Southern Mo. where it lay buried for nearly 100 years until today.Thanks.

Most Canadians have never heard of the Queen's Own or for that matter know much about our military at all.
I think what you have is a WW1 Sweetheart pin. The makers mark is not one listed as an official maker and enamel was not usual on official badges.
GH Chris

Dan
In trying to narrow the date range down for you as best as I can.
In what I can find on the Canadian Expeditionary Force (C.E.F.) 1914-1918.
First Canadian Division; sailed for England on October 3, 1914 and was comprised of the