Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

For me the choice comes down to one key feature

woodchiphustler

The iron volume adjustment. Hunting colonial sites loaded with iron you can go mad without this feature. Did not like the way K dropped a bomb on D but it saved me from making two purchases.Regards

That is true....I liked that ability.....because after just one hour of listening to the iron grunts going off non stop it gets irritating if they are the same volume. I don't want to shut the iron out just lower it.

I agree, Iron Audio is a key feature. That alone, and coupled with a lower price point (the actual sale price, not the MSRP), could sway some to the Nokta Detector.

I personally would prefer to purchase a Detector from someone other than KCo, but the data to date may leave me little choice (based on features and price).

Mike

Probably best to wait to see if someone will be able to test the iron audio feature to see exactly how and how well it works. Will Keith, Monte and others be able to get access to the Impact for testing like they did with the Racer? If not, it may be best to wait a while until there's enough user feedback on it to make an informed buy decision.

I will not believe the price that was quoted on their ad at this time as I have seen this happen before as it was a mistake and the actual price is a lot higher when it comes available. Lets just see when and if this detector comes out.

Rick

berryman said:
Probably best to wait to see if someone will be able to test the iron audio feature to see exactly how and how well it works. Will Keith, Monte and others be able to get access to the Impact for testing like they did with the Racer? If not, it may be best to wait a while until there's enough user feedback on it to make an informed buy decision.
Wise words. But since I rarely test for an OEM, and after using the ForsCore I feel comfortable with future purchases. I usually buy right away and if it does not meet my requirements in the colonial fields of Virginia off she goes. Maybe a little reckless but ...........

We shall see .