Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

For new Vaquero owners....

JoeL0

Well I have had my new detector for a couple days now and have put in some hard use, ask my wife,, all the plugs in my yard.
I am NOT new to detecting but, new to the V.

I know its early but,,,,,My impressions, and read on, disappointed, disappointed, LOVE it...

First time out,,,,When I started her up it was making all kind if hits and noises and I said , what have I got myself into. Second time out, same thing.
Then it hit me, she's talking to me.

So I started again, ground balanced it like the manual said and took my time doing it (only a few min's). Set the Thres., sensitivity and started out.

IT AMAZING, She quited down a bit and I started understanding her. Switched back and forth between All Metal and Disc and away I went.

Now,,, I am far from learning the V ,but now we are getting used to each other and its working out WELL.

So if your new to Threshold Metal Detecting, like I was, give it time and do not get disappointed.

The Vaquero ROCKS and I look forward to a long life with it.

Oh yes, My yard is loaded with JUNK and a few older coins....

Happy and Excited V Owner

There are some places {where I took the new Vaq} that were so littered in trash, that I could not hunt it. Now that I have had some success in recognizing coin talk Ill be taking her back too try it again.

The more you detect, the better you'll get at picking up subtle differences in the tone and what it means. The threshold based all metal mode is your deepest tool when needed so use it enough to get a feel for it.
BB

After 2 months with my Compadre and 2 days with my Vaquero, I have the impression that the basic idea behind a Tesoro is there is no better interpreter of signal-information than the human ear and the human mind. Putting an electronic interpreter, like TID, depth indicator, computerized tones, etc., between the user and the "raw data" that the detector gives can result in lost targets.

I am looking into getting a Vaq for my first detector. I am a little nervous that it will be too complicated for me though
I have only ever used an ace 250 and not very much and I wan't impressed. ;)

The vaq is the least complicated of the three units i have owned. Its really an easy machine to experiment with.

I was set on the vaquero and then I read more and then I feel unsure again. Ugh! The Cortes looks good and then I think, maybe I should go with a minelab xterra!? I am going to go bananas before this decision is made. But I have time to think about it...gotta save up first. ;)

I have now owned both, the Xterra 30 and now the Vaquero. Having MD experience (although a bit limited) I would say they are different animals.
It is my opinion that when I am better acquainted with the Vaquero, I'm learning more every day, it will
give me deeper and more targets. And I like that.
I am now working on when the threshold is humming and quites down, again, its telling me stuff.
I notice when I have it in Disc. mode it will not hit on some of the real deeper stuff but, boy, that all metal I'll
be picking up stuff on the other side of the world. (highly exaggerated but, you get my point.)
And you can switch back and forth between the two modes and it tells you more....
I'm starting to feel like a rockets scientist. LOL

I don't mind a slight learning curve. I'd rather get one that's gonna give me the deepest hits obviously or I will outgrow it. Tesoro with it's lifetime warranty def. sways me more it's way than the minelab way. Although i dont know what the warranty is on theirs, I doubt it's lifetime. I have no doubt their machines are good but i'm wondering it the vaq is a better machine at the same pricepoint as one of theirs, as the minelabs are pricy.

I had an Ace 250 and I personally felt it was a great machine, for cladding. Whenit got past 4" I started to have trouble and I think that it also had trouble identifying what it was seeing. Also I can assure you it's not nearly as deep of a machine. Remember though the Ace only costs half of what the V is so it is understandable. The big thing I couldn't get used to was the belltone. That sound would irritate me after a while.

treasure4pleasure said:
I don't mind a slight learning curve. I'd rather get one that's gonna give me the deepest hits obviously or I will outgrow it. Tesoro with it's lifetime warranty def. sways me more it's way than the minelab way. Although i dont know what the warranty is on theirs, I doubt it's lifetime. I have no doubt their machines are good but i'm wondering it the vaq is a better machine at the same pricepoint as one of theirs, as the minelabs are pricy.

Both great machines.......

I've got an ACE 250 and have a Vaquero on its way to me now. My first detector was an Eldorado umax (similar to the Vaquero). I'm glad that I went with a non-VID detector as my first one. When you have to make a choice when it comes to discriminating . . . the ears beat the eyes. I always had a good experience with Jack, James and Vince when I had a question. Minelab recently did a total reconstruction of their staffing and I had some concerns with how they did things. Had to twist arms to get what I needed done. Go with your first instinct.

Doc

I don't know; my eyes are pretty good discriminators. When I look in a hole and see a dime, it's been a dime every time.:clsoedeyes: