Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

For the Metal Detectorists in Europe:biggrin:

ramairnut

I subscribe to academia.edu and they send emails to me with newly uploaded documents/papers written by students, professors, professionals, etc. I received this upload this morning about a book that has been written and titled "The History of Medieval Coinage in England". Thought I would pass this on so I included the link: https://www.academia.edu/16293080/A_History_of_Medieval_Coinage_in_England?auto=view&campaign=weekly_digest
Here is the overview of the book:
" This book is an excellent reference guide to identifying medieval coins. Containing over 530 beautiful colour photographs together with a comprehensive listing of mints, moneyers and denominations for all English and Irish coins struck between 1066 and 1489. A History of Medieval Coinage in England provides an illustrated guide to the coinage of medieval England from the Norman Conquest of 1066 to the reign of the first Tudor king, Henry VII. While providing guidance on identification this book also places coinage in its historical context and gives insight into how coins were manufactured, used in circulation and lost or buried in a hoard. It is illustrated by more than 530 colour photographs, as well as 125 distribution maps, tables and images of places and people which help bring to life the medieval world in which coins were used and lost."

Some metal detector specific stuff from the same site.

https://www.academia.edu/Documents/in/Archaeology_and_Metal_Detecting

HH
Mike

Thanks for that,it makes some very good reading :thumbup: