Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

For those coming over from the Etrac...

I have to say, especially after reading Andy's book, the Deus seems incredibly complex. Just within the last year, I have gotten to the point where I had full confidence that I was wringing every last drop of performance out of my Etrac.

Will I get to that point quicker with the Deus than I did with the Etrac?

Sure is tough going from full proficiency to absolute rookie! (I think I need a hug! :cry:)

All of the fast signals coming in through the trash is what is still getting me after the much slower E-trac and CTX. Even swinging those 2 slowly they still missed stuff the Deus found.

That is where I'm at. Used the E-Trac for 5 years and the CTX for about a year in our city park and a couple other places where the coins run deep. These places have pretty much dried up for the E-Trac and CTX other than the occasional keeper. Hunting 4 hours for 1-2 keepers isn't my idea of fun any more. I'm now focusing on the Deus hoping it cam pull a few more of those keepers.

Didn't come from an Etrac, but can empathize with the growing pains. Do yourself (and your self esteem! ;) ) a favor, and don't try to do all of your learning on nasty, trashy, iron-laden parks. Periodically give yourself a break. Either go somewhere cleaner/easier to hunt, or focus on cherry picking easy coins (use Andy's trashy park coin hunting program). Yes, you may pass up some good stuff, but if you're frustrated to tears, I'm going to bet you're going to miss those signals anyhow. I've been there! But as you hear more of those good signals, you'll be able to start to pick them out when you go back to bombarding your ears. I've had my Deus for about 15 months now, and I'm still learning new nuances and tricks, far from a Jedi Master. I'd say it took a good 6 months+ to feel "proficient" and have decent control over the machine. But even during that learning process I found lots of good stuff, including my first barber dime.

Rich

I need to get Andy's program loaded in my Deus where can I get the setup?

I've got some clean sites test on but I've got a few I'm really anxious to try it on. I've got one of those sites that makes no sense. It is an old carnival ground I found 6-7 years ago and me and a hunting buddy beat it to death with our DFX's. We found a lot of nice Indian Heads, Barbers and V nickles around the 6-7" depth. The odd part is since then we have taken every detector we have owned, E-Tracs, CTX, F75 LTD, Omega 8000 and not one sigle missed keeper has been found. I mean on a good fair sized, roughly a full block squared, not one single missed coin. Now, the place is littered with old rusted bottle caps but I'm telling ya those DFX's just cleaned that place out and I find that hard to believe. We have found missed keepers from pretty much every place we've looked with other detector, but not this place. I mean we have hunted it off and on for the last 5 years and not squat. I'm hoping the Deus will break that spell.

Here's a link to a thread where the details were shared and discussed. There have been some various modifications made by folks (and I think even Andy), but this is a good start, and some good info.
[I couldn't get the Insert URL button to work, so used this workaround]
Rich

[pre]
http://www.findmall.com/read.php?83,1927407,1927407#msg-1927407
[/pre]

I used the E for about 3 years, the more I learn the Deus and appreciate it's capabilities the more the E becomes a thing of the past.

I guess part of my problem is the fear that I'm missing something with the new detector that I thought I would have found with the previous detector. Anytime I purchase a new detector, I try to force myself to only use it for a year to give it a fair test.

Going from the Garrett GTI2500 to the M6 was easy. It was lighter, faster and the tones gave me much more information than the GTI2500 ever had.

Going from the M6 to the Etrac was nothing short of brutal. Every time I took the Etrac out, I worried about how much gold jewelry I was missing, since gold was just short of a certainty when hunting parks with the M6. But the M6 was not the best for ghost towns where the Etrac really shined. So I went from hunting parks to just ghost towns.

Now I'm wondering if the Deus can hold its own in the ghost towns while still giving me a good chance for gold in the parks. I think this transition could be the toughest. In the past three years, the Etrac has sniffed out lots of trade tokens and silver coins for me and the M6 has brought home the gold the few times I have used it.

The Deus is up against some mighty tough competition. I just hope I'm up to the task of learning it well enough to give it a fair assessment.

Southwind said:
It is an old carnival ground I found 6-7 years ago and me and a hunting buddy beat it to death with our DFX's. We found a lot of nice Indian Heads, Barbers and V nickles around the 6-7" depth. The odd part is since then we have taken every detector we have owned, E-Tracs, CTX, F75 LTD, Omega 8000 and not one sigle missed keeper has been found. I mean on a good fair sized, roughly a full block squared, not one single missed coin. Now, the place is littered with old rusted bottle caps but I'm telling ya those DFX's just cleaned that place out and I find that hard to believe. We have found missed keepers from pretty much every place we've looked with other detector, but not this place. I mean we have hunted it off and on for the last 5 years and not squat. I'm hoping the Deus will break that spell.

I think once you get a handle on the Deus you'll be able to eke out a few more finds the DFX missed. I was using the DFX with the Double D coil before I got the Deus and I've been able to pull a few silvers I'd missed in some parks I've hunted in the past--especially in the trashy areas where others dare not to tread. Good luck!