Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

For those needing a new Rat headphones cord

duggr

There is no Source that I know of for cords unless you purchase in Bulk from a cord company!
Best bet is to make one or get the parts and have someone solder one up for you.
I purchased several Coiled Comm Cord Audio Mic Headset Cable 4 Conductor with Shield Military grade
off the auction site along with two Neutrik Connectors 1-Neutrik NP2RX-B Mono Right Angle 1/4 Inch and
1- Neutrik NP3RX-B Stereo TRS Phone Plug 1/4" Right Angle. I like the 4 conductor cord with shield as I like
to solder two wires on both the Tip and Ring. This way if a wire should break on either one there's another wire.
A so called Back-up Check out the photos and anyone can make one as it's really easy! Only downside is I have
$26.00 in this cord but the Neutrik connectors are first rate and easier to solder and the cord is Military grade built
to last at least as much if not more than the original Rat cord.. The cord will stretch 8plus feet to.

Hey Duggr,

Like your research done on replacement cord. Do you think you can draw a schematic of the wiring from the cord to the phono jack?

On your pics I see red & white soldered at the tip and green & black soldered at the ring, is that right? What is the two bare wires wrapped for?

This would help me in constructing my project. I have a like new Rat head phones and cord. Always concerned about snagging and pulling the ends of the cord on branch and such.

Thanks.

TC-NM

TC-NM said:
Hey Duggr,

Like your research done on replacement cord. Do you think you can draw a schematic of the wiring from the cord to the phono jack?

On your pics I see red & white soldered at the tip and green & black soldered at the ring, is that right? What is the two bare wires wrapped for?

This would help me in constructing my project. I have a like new Rat head phones and cord. Always concerned about snagging and pulling the ends of the cord on branch and such.

Thanks.

TC-NM

To make it simple TC you could get a Guitar cable thats a two conductor cable. Say the wiring color for example is Black and Red. Take your Stereo 1/4 (three solder terminals) solder
the red to both the Tip and Ring and the Black to the sleeve of the stereo connector. Now solder the other end of the cord with the Mono Connector (two solder terminals) as follows. Solder the
Red wire to the Tip and the Black to the sleeve. Now you have a Rat Cord. Its the same as using a Three conductor cord where you would solder a different colored wire to the ring and tip of the stereo
connector and solder the two wires from the Tip and ring to the Tip of the Mono connector...Let me know if you need more if my instructions are not easily understood
Duggr

Here's how to wire your headphones, plus make your own Rat tail.
Wire one end mono and the other stereo. Photo is one from Rick Violas original Ratphone website,

Sven said:
Here's how to wire your headphones, plus make your own Rat tail.
Wire one end mono and the other stereo. Photo is one from Rick Violas original Ratphone website,

Thanks Sven I had that laying around somewhere but couldn't find it...Doug

Huh ha, now I see. Thanks guy's for the help.

TC-NM