Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

For those who have a T-2, how sensitive to small items is it ?

Dan(NM)

I wonder if it'll hit gold chains with the DD coil, I'm thinking it won't due to the coils size. Can someone post a small target reference to give us an idea on small item sensitivity, thanks.

Mine will respond to a 5 grain gold nuggett at about 4"

That's a quite small piece of gold. It's smaller than a green pea cut in half.

Mr. Bill

Lots of "ifs" to a question like this. There are chains of various sizes, with the tiny thin ones being the obvious problem. Not that I would want to spend alot of time recovering those. I've melted a couple of those really tiny ones and it resulted in a speck of gold smaller than a BB. Hardly worth the gas in the torch.

Anyway, I don't have any super-thin chains on hand to test, but at pre-set sensitivity (60%) the T-2 will signal on a very small lobster clasp weighing about 1/8 to 1/4 of a gram at 4-5 inches. More gain will add to that range in air tests, but discrimination needs to be set down into the upper iron range for very small gold, as you would expect. On the smallest stuff, you might get slightly more range in all metal mode, but both modes do well, as well as some of the dedicated gold machines using stock coils in fact. I would expect that a smaller DD coil would add to the sensitivity of small gold which should allow you to run higher gain levels than the larger stock coil.

Ralph

I have found a tiny gold ankle chain (10k) at 4in and when I dug it up it wasn't clumped together either. The chain was about 1/32 in width and was broken. I say it was a ankle chain because of th little charm it had attached to it. The charm itself (a little heart) was about 1/2in in lenght, maybe 1/2 in width and real thin. I may just take it and break it into pieces (maybe an inch or two per peice and bury it in my test bed placing the pieces at varying depths to see how the unit will respond.