Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

For those who have owned both....

Jeff (IL)

For those who have owned both a Sovereign and an Explorer XE, how much faster is the recovery time between targets?

If there's one complaint about my Sovereign Elite, it's the time it takes to get a threshold back after passing over an Iron target.

This "recovery time" is time I'd rather be sweeping the coil over my next target, and it can get really frustrating at times waiting what seems like seconds to get a threshold back.

Thanks for any responses.....

I feel if you run the iron mask at a 30 or 31 where you will hear everything and run ferrous tones on the SE you will have very little nulling if any, but you will hear everything.
Now I use them both and I find I can swing the coil faster with the Sovereign than my Explorer XS II as I hear more signals with the Explorer that i have to check out more to decide if they are good or bad. With the Sovereign I can tell with the first or second swing over it with the coil if it is something I want or not in most cases.

Rick

Rick,

So would you say that for a given detecting area, one might cover more ground in the same time frame with the sovereign?

And am i right to assume that this is not necessarily a good thing, as the XS is "identifying" things that one might have missed with the sovereign?

Thanks!

I think that it depends on how you have the Explorer set up. If you run a wide open screen you can you hear everything and there won't be any lag time, but that can be a lot to listen to. I had the Sovereign GT and EX II at the same time and in my area I can cover more ground with the EX II.

your still finding targets when the sov is in a null, just as you are with the Explorer. Which is faster? I havent done a side by side yet as Im fairly new to the Explorer.
I wouldnt let that null worry you. Its great information as to whats under the coil.
Neil

Neil,

Thanks for the comments, see I always figured that when the detector was in a null state, I couldn't continue sweeping the coil until the threshold came back or else I might miss something.

Thanks to all who responded!