Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

for those who wear gloves

bswift35

What would you recommend, ive never used them before but would like to get a pair. MY hands took a beating this year glass cuts ,nails, wire etc. ive seen mechanics gloves is this what most people use or is it more like scuba gloves. thanks for replying in advance. thanks bryan.

[attachment 181149 glove1.jpg]
I like the gardening gloves with the stretchy fabric and rubber coated palms and fingers.

Dan-o said:
I like the gardening gloves with the stretchy fabric and rubber coated palms and fingers.

Same here

I use gloves very similiar because it allows you to rinse them off and prevent Poison Ivy oil from getting onto other things. I use to wear leather gloves but realized that it wasn't completely protecting me.

Bswift35 personally i use light wieight mechanics gloves, craftsman makes some nice ones reasonably priced and have used mechanix brand as well.i never hunt with out gloves on no matter how hot the weather is and have had no problem wearing gloves in the hotter weather as long as you stick with the lighter weight ones with a little palm padding.It sure makes a difference in cuts and pains in the hands for sure...Markmac

:usaflag:I use gloves similar to the blue, rubber-coated garden variety above. But mine are thinner and easier to work with. Only issue with them is that your hands will smell like your feet after a day of wearing them.

I have found a pair of Carhartt I like for the summer and winter. I tried the Mechanix style and wore out the synthetic leather very quick. The summer version has a mesh back and pigskin on front. The leather are deerskin. Just MHO, Beale.

I use mapa ultrane 553, they are very comfortable gloves to wear and also durable.:thumbup:

I've used the rubber coated gardening gloves plenty but when they keep my hands in their stiff and molded like position for awhile they become uncomfortable. Good for places where you know you have plenty of sharp and pointy stuff in the dirt, but for pure all around all day comfort and good protection, I like to wear my old familuar welding gloves. The light weight leather(deer I think), very soft, snug fitting "Heli-arc" gloves . They have the 4.5" long, wide cuff,which is good in winter when wearing a jacket. They are extra soft and finger movement is free, almost like not having any gloves on. Throw them in the washer, then the dryer, leave a little damp and wear dry them for an even more comfortable fit. . Only problem is when digging with the Tejon, the hole sometimes gets deeper than I would like and the cuff lets dirt in when I am reaching for the bottom of the hole. HeHe, no problem though, I can handle that ! HH Charlie

I use the rubber coated too, FLEX TUFF II, Good fit, hold up very well. The one negative is the rubber transfers the cold to your fingers. I solved that with a pair cheap brown jersey gloves I put on first. Of course there is a temperature limit on that fix. I've seen the FLEX"S on the web for $1.55 pair.

I use sheet metal gloves,you can get them most anywhere,they work good for me.......hh.......Dan

n/t

Home Depot, $5.00 for a pack of five;

Click Here

I was at the Home Depot last weekend. They had 3 piece packs (gray, yellow and red) large size mechanics type gloves for $9.95. It was a great deal and I picked up two sets. Not sure how long they or the deal will last. They make great detecting gloves.

Jeff

I wear Atlas Kevlar gloves in the warmer months and Atlas Therma gloves in the winter. The Therma gloves are undoubtedly the best gloves I have ever purchased for working in cold temps. The Kevlar models are lightweight and help negate the risk of broken glass or other sharp objects (Great for filleting fish or processing wild game).

http://cgi.ebay.com/Atlas-Therma-Fit-Gloves-C300IL-Large-NEW-/110609253373?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19c0d343fd

http://cgi.ebay.com/1-PAIR-ATLAS-KV300-LARGE-TUFF-COAT-KEVLAR-CUT-GLOVES-/370335329980?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5639b4aebc

Just hire a detector caddy like the golfers hire.

Instead they do all the digging and you don't need to get
your hands dirty !

Dan-o said:

Yes, I use that type too. The palm side of the glove having rubber covering keeps your hands dry in the winter, yet the cloth keeps them warm. They work just as well in the summer too and don't get your hands sweaty since they breath out the back side. Only caution is don't spray bug spray on your body or something and let it come into contact with the rubber part of the gloves. A week or so later you'll find the rubber has decompossed into a sticky mess.

I used the rubber coated garden gloves and trashed 3 nails. I'm going to check out leather gloves and the mechanix gloves mentioned above!

Just plain 'ol short leather gloves here. I was digging around an old house yesterday and reached into a hole and sure enough, pulled out a big broken base of an old coke bottle. I was sure glad I had them on. Oh, pulled up about fifty cents in clad and a small bell. lol