Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

? for you Compadre 8" coil owners

OhioMike

Thinking about getting a 8" coil Compadre and wanted to ask if someone who hasn't adjusted their internal sensitivity pot could do a simple airtest for me. Test a nickel, clad dime and quarter with the disc set at the "F" on foil. I know air test are subjective and I'm not looking for the Compadre to be a depth demon just trying to get an idea how the 8" coil model performs. Kinda thinking about using this as carry in the truck detector.
Thanks,
Mike

Bought my 8" Compadre new, have never done any adjusting to any of it. I set the disc where you wanted it, on the F in foil.
Air test: Nickel 6 3/4", Dime 6 1/4", Quarter 7". In my test garden with the sensitivity maxed out I can hit a 5 1/2" dime, so I know I'm good for 5 1/2" and in the field where the dirt has not been disturbed I might get 6" on a dime. My test garden is only about 3 weeks old.

Thanks Fox for taking the time to do the air test for me. Good results. About how I thought the Compadre would work.
Happy Hunting,
Mike

This may be interesting to you. I did tis trst before changing the sens on my compadre.http://www.findmall.com/read.php?17,1926558,1926558#msg-1926558

Thanks machineman, that's some great data. Curious how much difference did you notice after upping the sensitivity?
Mike

ya how much more depth with that sens turned up ?

I have the 8" coil and have not messed with any internal sensitivity. I have a coin garden and all coins are buried on large plastic plates to prevent sinking or turning with frost. If I set disc to just above iron I can pick up all coins no problem, let me add that the coins are all at a MEASURED 7 1/2" deep. My coin garden is about 4 yrs old.

Goes4ever, thanks for the report. Sounds like the 8 coil Compadre does just fine. Which is good to know cause UPS is delivering me a new one tomorrow :clapping: . Great idea about the plastic plates for your coin garden. I may have to start another test bed now.
Mike

I got a good deal on an 8" compadre so I added the panel connector so I could change coils. I tried the 5.75, 7, and 8" coils. I like the 7" the best for the compadre. On an older compadre I turned the sens up for a little while and ended up turning in back down. It does make a difference in depth but does not run the same. This newer one I didn't bother messing with the sens, just put the coil I want and go.

Just did some air testing. pointing at all metal. Tests were done with sens set low and High. I have no idea where factory setting is. Numbers separated by / correlate with target list below. Measurements in inches.

dime/nickle/quarter/14k white gold ring.

10x12 Lo Sens 3/6/3.25/5.5 High 5/7/5/7 Notice quarter gets bad air test results. Most targets are deeper with 7" and 5.75" coil.

7" Lo 4/4.75/4/5.5 high 6.25/8/7/9 This is the stock coil from this machine. Gets slightly more depth than 5.75 on most targets. Look at the gold readings for all coils especially 7" and 5.75". :super:

5.57" lo 4/5/4.5/5.5 High 6/8/6.5/8.5 Only deeper than 7" on the low nickle.But similar depth over all to the 7".

I hope this makes sense.