Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Foreign Coins for Handicap Children

A

Anonymous

It's that time of year again and I just wanted to remind all that this will be the 9th year to visit the Texas Lions Camp for Handicap Children in Kerrville, Texas around the third week of June as we do each year.
For those of you that don't know of this, it is open to anyone in our hobby to come and help us introduce metal detecting to these blind, deaf and wheelchaired children attending the camp. Our visit is two folded, while there we teach the children of that session the joys of metal detecting and show them it is an outdoor recreation that they can do even with their inflictions. Also, since nine years ago, several manufacturers, individuals, dealers and the Texas Council of Treasure Clubs, Inc. (who sponsor this event for the last nine years) donated to the children's camp many newer models of metal detectors so that the children can have this activity as a scheduled event each session during the summer. The Camp see's about 7000 kids per season and now the metal detecting fun class is a scheduled event for each session and is the reason we also train the counselors how to use the detectors as well.
However, in order for this event to continue and make these children happy and teach them there is a sport they can participate in, we need your help. Each year many of you have been kind enough to donate your foreign coins to these children. These are coins that the children have never seen before and at the same time educates the children to other countries coinage they use.
I can not explain to you the joyous look in these children's eyes when they find their first coin with a metal detector. I can only invite you to share in this with us. We will post the exact dates on our website at: www.texascouncil.com shortly. Please consider yourself invited to this wonderful event with the children, it will change your life. Please we need your donation of foreign coins (only) for these children's excitement and education. If you have any questions, please contact me. You can send the coins directly to me at: Keith Wills, 210 S. Montgomery St., Gilmer, TX. 75644 kwills@worldnet.att.net Thanks you so much! Keith