Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Foreign Exchange

Sanderling

I meet people from all over the world as I have said in previous posts. Yesterday I met a Russian family with two little boys. I carry some beach "loot" around to give to nice kids and gave each of the boys one of the cars that I had collected. A short time later, as I was making my way down the beach, the two boys came running up to me and offered me the 100 Ruble bill pictured, saying that it was for the cars. I told them that they did not need to pay me, but they were insistent. One of the boys said that they had a lot of them and I accepted their gift. I thought that was really cool of the parents and boys to do that. I usually get smiles and thank yous which is more than enough. Turns out the bill is worth about $1.50 which, coincidentally, is the value of the little cars. HH - make someone's day. They made mine.

Thanks for the replies bootyhound and Dancer. A large part of my detecting enjoyment is meeting people and talking about detecting with them.

Sometimes when at the beach or park a child will ask.find any treasure mister? I reply ,you never know. then if the timing is right,I will sneak in a dug penny and let the kid find the treasure. you can never forget when a kids eyes lie up. billybones

I was detecting a fairly busy beach and I detected a pendant with something like 'My First Visit to Disneyland' on it. After about 10 minutes more of detecting, I got speaking with a Mom and little daughter that were enjoying the beach. Turned out they were from Canada and they had visited Disneyland for the first time just a day or so before! I retrieved the pendant from my finds pouch and gave it to the little girl. Both of them were so happy and grateful!
Like most of you, I've done this before and the memory of doing stuff like that stays with you for a long time!

I think you are soon to be charged with collusion with Russia.

My advice is to just turn yourself in immediately.

You said it Billybones. My wife and I even scored hugs by two grateful kids we had given "pirate treasure" to. My wife said that she now understood why I liked giving finds away. However not all moms and dads allow their kids to accept things from strangers which is understandable. Like you we have had some fun planting replica coins where kids who are "digging for treasure" will find them.
As Goldstrike said the memory stays with you a long time.

Rococop, you must work for MSNBC or perhaps CNN lol. Have fun out there everyone. We do!

Too bad you couldn't get beer instead.