Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Forgotten picnic ground update

osgood

Since my first post have made a number of trips back to the old picnic grounds. Several weeks ago took about 5 hours to find these 2, 1920 wheat backs, a 1925 buffalo nickle, a 1920 mercury dime and two barber dimes, 1898 and 1907.Not shown, a couple modern nickles. Decided to only slightly clean the dimes, the dark tarnish in that area seems to high-lite the details more. I almost did not dig the 98 barber, it was id ing like a penny, i will say this, it is one of the thinnest dimes ive ever found and was actually slightly concave.Two more ugly knives showed up also. The trip after this one i hunted 3 hours and got nothing but please stay tuned!. Good hunts all, CO

Those old picnic grounds and groves are treasure troves, dig every signal there all worth a look, nice hunt

Nice finds.

Osgood, First those are great finds. I have yet to find anything more than a few buffalo's
and several merc's. I know some say do not clean. If I had a coin I was intending to sell
because it was proven worth some huge bucks, I would not clean further than soap-tooth brush-
hot water. However, some I find are valuable but not worth the trouble to sell I clean, especially
jewelry. My wife bought me a jar of silver cleaner for jewelry and a jar of gold cleaner for jewelry.
She got it from Wally World (W-M) and it is about $4.00 a jar. The jar has a basket for putting
your coin or jewelry in and a brush for crevases but I use a hard bristle tooth brush instead and
both gold and silver regardless of whether it is a coin or jewelry comes clean as a jeweler can
get them. I haven't looked for a copper cleaner yet. Some of my most valuable coins are rare
pennies. Also, I think the silver works on the nickels too.