Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Format change

DirtAngler

Why did they change the format, I liked the old style much better. Terrible idea in my opinion.

I was thinking there was something wrong with my PC. I sure liked the old one better also. Maybe a glitch in the system?

Same here. I kept looking if my settings somehow got changed. Definitely a different look.

I emailed the guvner and he replied you can go into the control center and change it back. The new style is the default. I changed mine back and like it much better the old way.

DirtAngler said:
Why did they change the format, I liked the old style much better. Terrible idea in my opinion.
To Fix It Back!
Go into the control center!
Scroll down until you see the "Forum Settings Options" and select that.

Then change the "Message List display options" from default to
"One Entry Per Topic"

Next change the "Message Reading Display Options" to
"Multiple Messages Per Page Sorted By Time"

Then click the summit option!

Mark

thanks mark i hated the new format as well

MarkCZ said:
DirtAngler said:
To Fix It Back!
Go into the control center!
Scroll down until you see the "Forum Settings Options" and select that.

Then change the "Message List display options" from default to
"One Entry Per Topic"

Next change the "Message Reading Display Options" to
"Multiple Messages Per Page Sorted By Time"

Then click the summit option!

Mark

Thanks little brother, you save the forum.:)

Thanks for the help getting it set back...sometimes change is not better. For me, default is faulty this time.

I switched mine back to way it was ASAP! I was like what the hell happened, sometimes you can't teach a old dog new tricks LOL

Boy! talk about CHANGE! the last few post I did on here was on the Kids computer running XP my main computer DIED the other day (completely) and It also was running XP.
This evening I go and buy a new computer, boy is this interesting! its running Windows 8. So this post is the first post using the New PC MAN what a learning curve, this evening has been a real trip.
At lest I'm back on line with my own computer.

I'm glad I could help with some of you resetting the forum view back.

Mark

Hey Mark, Thanks a million for the fix to the 'fix'. Progress can certainly go in the wrong direction sometimes!
I hear there are ways to set up WIN 8 to look and feel like WIN 7 and also XP for those who prefer. Google to find the free helps for doing that if you would like!
May the karma fairy sprinkle silver and gold dust in your path for sharing the solution to the format disaster!
Tom
:detecting::angel::clapping:

old is better
1 cars
2 findmall

Yep the new format was cumbersome and didn't allow me to scan quickly... Was a time waster.. Back to normal now I see... Whew!!!

Wonder how many people are out there looking at the new format not knowing they can change it and just move on to something else?

Ron in WV

Upgraded my XP machine to windows 8 and really like it. You can get it now until sometime in January for $39.99. IE10 works great. A lot faster on the same internet connection. Now, WHAT FORMAT CHANGE are you talking about? I haven't noticed anything different.