Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Fors core and all metal mode

pax

Just wondering if you guys could share your experience useing this mode with the core or gold,thanks for your help

It's a good mode but Di2 is just as deep. They both offer VCO audio and VDI. I really see no need for gen. mode unless your a nugget hunter. But thats just my opinion I hunt coins and relics. I haven't had much time in the field with it yet,maybe my opinion will change over time.

I ask because a lot of people never use All Metal, and I think that it might be because they don't understand it or know when to use it to their advantage.

pax said:
Just wondering if you guys could share your experience useing this mode with the core or gold,thanks for your help
I do not use the All Metal mode a lot of the time, but I do use it some of the time and more often than most of the folks I hunt with. I used it more often when I had a detector with a limited lower-end Discriminate range when I would search a lot of areas in a Threshold-based All Metal mode, then switch to the Discriminate mode to check the target.

When I hunted with detectors that offered a "Zero Disc." setting, I used All Metal mode less, but still on occasion. One problem doing that, however, was some of the models didn't get depth to come close to their All Metal search mode, and in those cases I would opt for an All Metal mode more often.

Naturally some will ask WHAT I use the All Metal mode for, and WHY I would choose it.

I used it most of the time when I have been out gold nugget hunting because it is usually going to be the most sensitive search mode, especially to tiny-sized, low-conductive nuggets.

I also use it when I am searching wide open plowed fields or open woodlands looking for any metal remains of a former dwelling, structure, or sign of an encampment or other activity.

But now come a Nokta and Makro model to my arsenal and they bring an extra level of all metal target search by using the 2 Tone or 3 Tone Discriminate modes that allow me to adjust low to accept all metals and provide some qualities for audio classification. I have used a couple of other detectors, one mainly, to hunt gold nuggets in the motion-based Discriminate mode and it helped handle challenges from some rocks at a couple of sites.

For the hunting I have been doing so far this year, thanks to weather, most of it has been Discriminate mode searches, but I know I'll opt for All Metal a little more often at different sites this spring and summer. So I ask you, what type of specific information are you looking for?

Monte

LOL I gotta say when Pax posted this question yesterday, i kinda choked on my coffee...........a real honest to goodness metal detecting question........after all the drama of late....a real question asking about a detector and its functions, kinda seemed outta place. :tongue:

that most of the time I wouldn't use the standard 7X11 size-range search coils unless I knew an area produced some modest-sized or larger gold nuggets. The small coil is a very good performer on the small 'pickers' T have used for testing the past three decades. I did use a friend's small gold nugget to compare the FORS CoRe and Racer to using the MXT Pro that I have relied on for a long time, and both the Nokta & Makro units provided the better performance. I also compared the Racer with the 5½x10 solid DD and it, too, gave nice All Metal mode responses on the samples

I have hunted several challenging sites where some rocks were annoying at times, so I searched in a Zero Disc. motion-based Discriminate mode and, with the right search coil, my MXT Pro worked okay for me. So, with the adjustment abilities of the FORS CoRe I also compared it in the Discriminate modes to the MXT Pro in Discrimination and, while my MXT Pro performed as I expected, the FORS CoRe gave me the best responses in both All Metal and Discriminate modes. That's a good part of the reason why the FORS CoRe and Racer share the #1 All-Purpose detector spot now in my personal detector battery.

Monte

The all metal mode is deeper than disc mode in harsher soil...

Yet it may take a trained ear to learn the audio nuances to get the most out of the all metal..

So while the Disc mode and all metal mode may airtest about the same.Its when you get into higher F.E. dirts that the All metal mode can take the lead in depth in terms of conveying tartgets that the Disc mode may be calling iron or even not hearing through filtering..

Isloated targets will be the easiest to see the performance gains also..

Keith

LOL thank you PAK................This is better then reading the Enquirer :tongue:

Keith Southern said:
The all metal mode is deeper than disc mode in harsher soil...

Yet it may take a trained ear to learn the audio nuances to get the most out of the all metal..

So while the Disc mode and all metal mode may airtest about the same.Its when you get into higher F.E. dirts that the All metal mode can take the lead in depth in terms of conveying tartgets that the Disc mode may be calling iron or even not hearing through filtering..

Isloated targets will be the easiest to see the performance gains also..

Keith

Thank you KEITH AND MONTE for all of your valuable time spent with these units, and sharing them with us. Seriously, it is immensely aappreciated. So thank you both!

My questions are these for you both in relic hunting,

1-the makro racer is best in what section? AMM, 2 TONE, OR 3 TONE?
2-THE CoRe is best ina Gen or DI2?

My main focus is for CW relic hunting . Everything from the smallest coins and buttons, to large frags and shells.

If this has already been addressed, I truly apologize. I just wanted to get both of your real world input please.

Thank you fine sirs,
bubba. I am
Heck, you are both invited to my central Kentucky hunting areas, 1, to add to your collection of *goodies* and 2, so I can learn a helpful suggestion or 2 from your wisdom and experience.

Bubba

Racer for relics I like 2 tone......Most depth in disc

CoRe for relics I like 2 tone...Most depth in disc

If Im wanting a little more tell tale audio on the frags and iron implements and also ability to hear some deeper targets more clearly in isolated target areas I opt for the Gen mode..This is a threshold based motion all metal on both models..

The CoRe and Racer is very good at relic hutning in 2 tone and will be the mostt used mode in target rich areas discernign ferrous from non ferrous...now if Im more of say deep hunting and or even just trying to hear some whisper hits in mineral that may distort the already filtered disc mode I will opt for GEN on these models.. or any model for that matter that offers the abiltity to do so..

Its good to have all metal when you NEED it...Its a a raw feed Mode....

Keith

Keith Southern said:
Racer for relics I like 2 tone......Most depth in disc

CoRe for relics I like 2 tone...Most depth in disc

If Im wanting a little more tell tale audio on the frags and iron implements and also ability to hear some deeper targets more clearly in isolated target areas I opt for the Gen mode..This is a threshold based motion all metal on both models..

The CoRe and Racer is very good at relic hutning in 2 tone and will be the mostt used mode in target rich areas discernign ferrous from non ferrous...now if Im more of say deep hunting and or even just trying to hear some whisper hits in mineral that may distort the already filtered disc mode I will opt for GEN on these models.. or any model for that matter that offers the abiltity to do so..

Its good to have all metal when you NEED it...Its a a raw feed Mode....

Keith

Thank you so much for the feedback KEITH SOUTHERN! It would be great to "HEAR" sometime on your videos, if possible, what BIG IRON, FRAGS, etc sound like? That is if it is a "different" sound.

Thank you again!
Bubba