Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Fors CoRe scores silver For SuRe

eSCANZ

Hi Guys -

Just a quick post of one of my first hunts with the CoRe. A new park, a new detector and two hours to kill -

As you can see from the picture I did find my share of rubbish however I thoroughly enjoyed using the CoRe on DI3 Sens 80 IDM 10 and set out to dig high tones only. This is one hunt I did not want to end but alas fatherly duties had to kick in so I had to call it a day. I did get a 1946 NZ Sixpence & 1946 NZ Shilling. I did get quite excited about the chunky looking ring and slid that into my special pocket until I got home but after giving it a quick clean there appears to be no Hallmarks etc so its probably a junker.

All in all I really love the feel & balance of the CoRe and think I will be using this unit as my main go to detector

Cheers & Hope you enjoy -

Very nice digs escanz! Keep posting the pictures !

Man if that's your 1st hunt you blew the socks off of it! As you learn the machine that trash will go way down. Listen carefully entering and leaving a target with the coil. Great hunt!

Thanks Bubba & Jack -

I am certainly sold on these Turkish machines - Not to mention their support - Nokta that is

Most of the targets you show produced high-conductive responses so it was natural to recover them. I know some would have been mid-Tone responses in the Di3 Three Tone mode, but even some mid-tones can squeak out a high-tone response in some ground conditions. Plus, it's good to recover a lot of 'iffy' responses as you learn a detector. The Nokta FORS is definitely a solid, great performing detector that is very comfortable to hold and handle with the 7X11 stock search coil. I presume that was the coil you used since you didn't mention having the smaller 4.[size=small]7[/size]X5.[size=small]2[/size] 'OOR' coil or the larger 13.[size=small]3[/size]X15.[size=small]5[/size] coil, either.

Many detectors on the market today that use a larger size standard coil, such as a 10" or 11" round shape or some version of an elliptical with about an 11" fore-and-aft shape feel heavy, awkward and fatiguing. Not the Nokta FORS CoRe as it's quite comfortable. With my bad back and knee I even enjoy using the FORS over any other detector that sports a bigger-size search coil. It's a very good detector for 'cruising' big, open areas. :thumbup:

Best of success on your next trip afield.

Monte

Hi Monte -

Thank you responding to one of my posts - That made my day

I recieved the Pro Pack and have been using the standard coil for now - Thats the coil I used for that particular hunt -

Yes I am looking forward to taking that OOR coil out for a spin as I know its got quite the reputation for pulling good targets out of junk and with depth -

I will probably spend anther month with the standard coil on and then go back to the heavy areas with the small coil. We seem to have at least that privilage here in NZ as there are not too many hunters -

I carry a few injuries as well sir and I have found the Fors CoRe the most comfortable unit to swing due to its fantastic balance

I have owned & used over 40+ detectors in four years and as you expect I am NO expert in any one particular model but I have gained some relatively important knowledge on each and every unit I have tried - I have to say that Nokta have ticked all my boxes with Makro a close second -

Thank you for you post Monte - I appreciate it