Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Fors CoRe silver foursome

dfmike

Got back to my usual rusty bottle cap infested forest for a few hours and found four silver dimes. After my third silver dime, I had found more silver than copper (a first for me) but then the pennies started popping up. The last silver dime I found was the 1951 rosie (my first silver rosie). It really surprised me because it was next to a small tree and barely 1 inch deep. When I got it out I was sure it was a clad dime because of how dark it was but I knew it was silver when I saw the date. I very rarely find blackened silver like this. I really like it and will leave it as is.

The four silver dimes that I found are shown on the right next to the Bromo Seltzer metal caps. The other silver dime and quarter (1939 and 1958 respectively) were found on a previous hunt. My other finds consisted of a religious medal, a flower shaped grommet, a key and a heavy cast iron piece that looks a lot like an old rusty wedge that must have been used for wood splitting. Most Canadian coins were from the 30's to the early 60's and there's a few old wheats in there as well. The Bromo Seltzer caps made me laugh because I thought about the endless beer caps I find here and the people drinking and partying at one time and then popping tablets to get relief from indigestion. ;)

I hope to get some detecting in before the snow and frost set in. Time is running out !

The CoRe was set at DI 3, sens at 95 and masking at 49. Coil used was my favored FC13.

Attachments

• finds-dec001.jpg
    finds-dec001.jpg
    184.2 KB · Views: 168
  • finds-dec002.jpg
    finds-dec002.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 172
Way to go!!! A great way to be wrapping up the year, although I hope you are still able to get out some more before it draws to a close.

Thank you for the mode and settings. My CoRe keeps that small coil mounted exclusively. And I have all the settings saved to turn on in Di3, Sensitivity '99' and Disc. at '10'. I like to run it that low so I hear iron nails and some more conductive iron to alert me of its presence, then I search around it for any masked good target.

Let's hope that success carries over into 2021

Monte

Thanks for the comments guys.

Went back there today. Not as much luck this time. As I got further into the woods, the targets became more and more scarce until there was nothing. I spent 3 hours to find nothing worth mentioning and switched to another area that I thought was detected out. Lots of trash again but the woods are much less dense here so swinging the coil was easier and I got these three good targets in less than 30 minutes. I was tired and cold so I went home but I will make it back there soon weather permitting.

The 1917 wheat was less than 2 inches down ! The 1930 King George nickel had the ID of big rusty iron (fluctuating between 86-95). The tone was good from every angle. I decided to dig it out and was very happy I did. The face is in great shape for its age. My first target in this new area was the 1956 silver dime.

Attachments

• finds-dec-05-001.jpg
    finds-dec-05-001.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 132
  • finds-dec-05-002.jpg
    finds-dec-05-002.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 162
They just keep on coming !

I went out again today at the same place were I left yesterday. The temperature stayed below the freezing point so I didn't stay too long. The trash here is ridiculous. The two silver dimes shown here were each below a bottle cap. The signal was solid in only one direction and I took a chance. I got the bottle caps out, dunked the pointer back in and sure enough something else was in there. The dimes were about 2 inches below the beer caps. The siler quarter was a relatively easy pick although pretty deep and stuck against a root. There were 2 or 3 targets nearby but that is not an issue with the small coil. I'm not showing the trash I got ! I got fooled by many bottle caps, zipper pulls, hair ties, a rusty bottle cap opener (again) and foil balls. I also got a half dozen pennies and a 1959 nickel.

I'll repeat myself again: In a place like this, only small coils rule. Separation/unmasking is the key to finding goodies vs getting frustrated. I've learned this the hard way.

I was in DI 3 again, gain at 95, masking at 49, GB was at 75.

Attachments

• finds-dec-003.jpg
    finds-dec-003.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 150