Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

fors gold adventures

californiagold

hello
finally got out detecting after couple weeks. went to a spot that we are cleaning up. so we dont leave any lonely gold behind. fors gold was able to get a couple more deeper pieces. and my partner used the fors gold for 10 minutes and she found a nice 1887 dime. first time she ever used fors gold.
dont know if ill let her use it again. lol
gold weight .4 dwt. dime weight 1 dime
take care
good luck

Nice finds it's been awhile since I have found any old coins

Curious which search coil you were using to pluck a fifth of an ounce of gold, which ought to start the day at about $1212 an ounce, so you found about $242 melt value [size=small](not specimen value)[/size], and she got the 1887 Seated Liberty 10¢. What detector does she usually use, and what detector is your partner going to want to use on your next foray afield? :detecting:

Monte

thanks for comments. monte I only found .4 dwt just under 1/2 dwt. my partner uses her goldbug pro with NEL sharpshooter coil. best coils for goldbug. she probably will try the fors gold again. also I was using the standard. 11.7" coil on fors. works very well in bad minerals.
take care

my eyes were not open wide or I wasn't fully awake. I don't know how I missed the point before the 4. I am sure you would have preferred results in harmony with my goof, but on the other hand, that's still a testament to how well the detector worked for you to nab the tinier nuggets. Maybe on your next outing? :shrug:

Monte