Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Fors Gold + for coins

Hi all,

I've been trying out a Fors Gold + and it can definitely be used as a capable coin machine. I still prefer DI3 on the CoRe for most general coin work, but for cherry picking high activity sites, where you are only targeting coins in the first 2 inches, the Gold + is dynamite. Not sure yet if I prefer Boost or Fast, both seem equally capable. You can gauge the depth of the target by how "peaky" the signal is, allowing you to only dig shallow hits, and leave the deeper targets for a rainy day. What I like about the 2-tone modes is that it reminds me of using my Vaquero, but with a small TID on the handle and no other distractions on the screen.

As soon as this heat wave passes (South Australia), I'll give it some action in the goldfields.

Hi Nenad,

I don't have a Gold+ but have been using the CoRe a lot and, like you, use DI2 to cherry pick. I really like how the volume increases on shallow targets in this mode. I will run DI2 on a new spot for a time or two and only dig targets with VDI #s above 55 then go back and use DI3.

BTW- Love your videos.

Dean

Thanks Dean, yes spot on. That's been working well for me.

Did you see this one?

[video]https://youtu.be/wP40KPSlXC8?list=PLN1dExLBrJ3j-1eZB5SsZQNbRbF_vFYG2[/video]

Only briefly up in the goldfields. Worked great in Disc. All-metal was a little touchy if I scrubbed the coil, but hovering just above the ground was good.
The Gold + is a little better stability wise. Ran the stock 10x5" with the SAT on 5, Sensitivity about half way, reminded me of my old Goldmaster V/sat.

Need to hit a few real trashy spots I know in the goldfields.

Yeah, it shines in those trashy spots with its ability to handle the hot ground well enough and the benefit of discrimination... where a P.I. would drive a guy nuts in those areas. I use the small coil to snipe cracks in the bedrock in trashy creek beds. I have been recovering some nice native copper specimen in old tailing piles as well. I have trouble prying my SDC loose from my arm when in the gold fields though!

Dean

bloody brownies :ranting: doesn't matter where you are they pop up :poke:

anyone taking on the makro racer gold? need on ground info please :biggrin:

AJ

You may need to see on Makro detector forum for Makro Gold Racer info.
I will get me one this week when it arrives.

Bill

yep doing that Bill, need all the in hand experience from those who have them so I can make a little bit better informed decision about springing for one, so any info greatly appreciated !!

AJ

amberjack said:
anyone taking on the makro racer gold? need on ground info please :biggrin:

AJ

Hey mate, yeah I've sold a new Noktas here in Adelaide, and will be getting in the Gold Racer. I see you've already ordered one so looking forward to see how you like it.
I know we both have a few Tesoros and 3030 so our experience is pretty similar :twodetecting: