Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

FORS Relic Thoughts

Keith Southern

I was truly enamored with the FG+ the first time I ran it and as Continued To run it I was truly DRAWN to the abilities of the unit for my relic hunting needs..

Why not, it was on my Favorite Freq for relics..19Khz...Plus had the great ability that the Makro's and Nokta's have in terms if unmasking yet now it was coupled to a more lower conductor reactive freq...

Well it quickly became my go to Relic unit and as I like to call it my bread and butter unit..

YET I still wanted more from the unit that the Gold Platform was not offering..I wanted an extra tone for SOME sites I hunt that are more trashy with multilayer time periods and also I like to use the 3 tones for iron wrap on depleted sites..Just concentrating on the mid tone in a barrage of low and high tones the mid tone just at times jumps out at you..I also craved some relief from the constant hammering of Iron tones in my ear and wanted an Iron Volume control...And I HAD TO HAVE the ability to break my iron tone to my liking when in dense iron looking for the smallest for targets intermingled with iron..I wanted a Purest relic unit in other words...Nothing wrong with the FG+ but it lacked a Relic hunters Tool Kit..

Well NOW that Unit has come to fruition !!And I for one could not be happier..This is the kind of unit I have wanted for Years...After Knowing what I wanted in a unit years ago I've had to to accept what I got never quite complete in terms of it has this but not this type scenario..Close but no Cigar type feel..

This new FORS Relic (FR from here on) is the type unit a Iron contaminated site hunter i.e. the Modern day Relic Hunter....(((((YES we have evolved over the years in terms of how we hunt relics...We now seek out Iron contamination and try to unlock its hidden treasures where as years ago we stayed away from same sites and relied on less trash and depth to make our finds...well those deep relics in less trash have about been depleted with current technology limitations..Depth Peaked 25 years ago BUT Unmasking (I use that term loosely) has been evolving for the last 25 years also.)))))....Will gravitate to in terms of infield performance.It is a unit a person who KNOWS what they need to succeed in iron will find a use for ...It took the DNA of the FG+ and pushed it further for the DEMANDING Relic hunter...

Enough of affection for the unit and on to brass tack's..

First off the tones in two tone and three tone are factory preset..But not to worry..the iron is the lowest tone and the non ferrous tone in 2 tone is the highest tone..and this will offer the greatest separation of tones..same in three tone just the middle tone is about mid way between the tone ranges..

The iron range on the unit is 0-20 as ferrous and 21-99 as non ferrous..

It has 6 modes...

Gen= Which is all metal and more like a Racer or CoRe allmetal not like the FG+ allmetal..it does not have the iSAT ..Its not geared towards the Gold Prospector in this Mode its a true threshold based all metal mode and is more used for larger coils and bigger and or deeper targets ...

DI2= This is the same mode as the Boost mode on the FG+ ..But has been pushed to be hotter trying to gain some depth on higher conductors also by doing so...Still very stable,, has a slight depth edge over a FG+ on low and high conductors You can break the tone in this mode by variable tone break...

DI3= this is the 3 tone mode and the tone can be slid on the 2nd and 3rd tone but not the 1st to second..in other words I can slide the tone to break form mid to high on say a zinc penny to copper penny but the iron tone will only break from low to mid at a factory 20 setting...The way the manu structure works you cant break both...BUT when you're using the 3 tone I found the 3 rd tone needed to be changed more than the first tone for those scenarios..This mode is less depth than the DI2 also..Not alot but is processed differently..

Swift mode = is just that a Swift mode..Faster retune faster recovery speed..less depth ..2 tone only..works well in dense iron/Trash with the small coil...Very rapid fire...Although I found the DI2 to be my go to sleuth mode ..I found on some entrenching sites that the Swift mode and small coil was a laser beam on disturbed halo ferrous non ferrous intermingles..

Deep=This mode is Two Tone and uses a slower retune speed to gain depth..not advised in trash but in open areas.Wish I would of had a 13x15 to test on this mode..it may prove to be quite deep on isolated target's..

COG-Conductive ground mode.. used for Salt water beaches and such..Offers a salt range ground balance range..I did not get to test this on a salt beach..

The unit also offers the 7x11 solid epoxy coil ..Very light very well balanced and offers even more depth over say the FG+ 5x10dd...Great and welcome coil to the Freq to add some depth when needed..

The unit also has the Iron volume control and very very welcome.. A Godsend! I like the lower setting's of the iron volume as it seems to compress the whole iron report into a tick type report..very pleasing on contaminated sites..not a simple reduction in volume but and actual audio processing takes place..And I dare say actually helps in unmasking...as the report of iron is shortened and the rolling audio of the non ferrous stays broad...I LIKE IT!!You'll notice it on a setting below 3..

The simple fact of Iron Volume and Tone breaks would of been enough for me I as I stated to the factory but they went above and beyond..and I believe my exact reply after getting the revamped test unit in my hands after some re-tweeks..was Compliments to the Chef!!The Chef Being a guy yall may not see mentioned on the forums but his name is Alper and has been working at Nokta Detectors since 2013 as a Software Team Leader..He's responsible with detecting and control algorithms developments ...And from working?corresponding with him the guy is a very clever and intelligent and spot on Programmer...He can also make things happen Overnight.Literally !.To Be honest I was amazed out how fast he can rework a unit...and He actually knows what it takes to make a GREAT unit...I have a feeling he uses what he creates!!Again Compliments to the Chef(Alper)!!!

So all in all this is the a FG+ DNA unit and and to be honest I was scared the Magic would be lost in a Newer unit built off the FG+ ..BUT the FR for me is a the perfect marriage of a lot of things to create (and again for me ) the perfect relic unit.

It has all the other features of the FORS units like tracking,flashlight ,Freq shift,Visual I.D. Rugged build..Etc...

BUT it also is a unit that can stand alone and has enough Identity to be a True Modern Relic unit...

I can't wait to see what others report on this unit!Its a world class unmasker!!!Not to be taken lightly!

I feel we got the cigar on this one!

Keith

Great report Keith, very detailed. Sounds like you have found your second true love! LOL

As for me, I'm going to stick with the Racer 2 since I really don't need the added sensitivity to the mid and low conductors that relic hunters need for the buttons and such. Sure, I'll take em when when they do come up and I have found a few nice once even way up north. But truth is they are so few and far between and I'm more of a old coins in iron type of guy and feel the R2 is more in line with my particular needs.

Again great report and much thanks

Tom

I want to know why you don't sound the same when I read what you wrote as to your Vids :biggrin: its funny isn't it language and yes I am going somewhere with this, seems like Alper has created his own new language in these machines.

if I talk with my mate who is Turkish he reminds me its still classed as a 3rd world country and war is happening over there in what we don't see a lot of, and that there are some very switched on people there seems most of the western worlds electronics software experts get pulled in to silicone valley and the big dollars on offer there.

so the smart guys like Alper are not getting stolen away and seems like they are really working hard to push for a piece of the world market and the US market for these types of detectors is pretty big, not as big as a smart ph or TV hence my point.

like Tesoro over 3 years to produce something we still haven't seen, Alper could make in a week.

I know there is a big market for relics in the US and glad you relic guys are getting what you need.

hate to have to mention Australia but this Nokta/Makro story is turning out very similar Bruce Candy started in his shed they still have been unmatched in the FBS BBS and the new pulse machine they are good at what they do !!

and it was all and is all based on one guys passion for fiddling with his ideas, so Nokta/Makro have hit the ground running, some real nice detectors for sure, but don't stop guys there is no finish line here keep pushing to be better and great things will happen.

good half time speech , lets hope in detecting terms this only the 1st 5 mins looking forward to what's to come in the future.

well done!!

AJ

PS I want some tweaks on my gold racer if you care to listen :poke:

I'm not Keith, but the answer is No. The FORS CoRe operates at 15 kHz and doesn't share coils with the 19 kHz FORS Relic.

The FORS Relic DOES share search coils with the 19 kHz FORS Gold+, but better still, in my opinion, is that looking at the Nokta website that Dilek linked to in her announcement post below, the product description and specifications show that the Relic has an MSRP list price of $799, and comes with both the 7X11 DD as well as the round 5" DD and a spare lower rod!.

Monte

Monte said:
I'm not Keith, but the answer is No. The FORS CoRe operates at 15 kHz and doesn't share coils with the 19 kHz FORS Relic.

The FORS Relic DOES share search coils with the 19 kHz FORS Gold+,Monte

So I can use the concentric coil from the gold on CoRe....cool. Missed that.

azsh07 said:
Monte said:

The FORS Relic DOES share search coils with the 19 kHz FORS Gold+,Monte

So I can use the concentric coil from the gold on CoRe....cool. Missed that.
NO, The 5½X10 Concentric for the 19 kHz FORS Gold + CAN be used on the new FORS Relic as it is also a 19 kHz model. The original FORS CoRe can NOT use any of the 19 kHz coils.

Coils for the 15 kHz FORS Gold do share with the CoRe, but not the coils for the higher frequency Gold +.

Monte