Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Fort Finds

SWMO Mark

I thought I would post all my finds that I have made from a small fort site that was located in town. Like a lot of other CW sites it is almost gone for good, since they are getting to build a apartment complex on the location. Nothing really outstanding, but I do like the square pieces of lead. Not sure what they were planning on doing with them. The biggest is approx. 3" x 2 1/4". Just doing my part in saving a little bit of history before new development destroys it forever.

looks like each piece of lead is getting a little smaller. have you tried to line up the edges of the lead? might give a clue. that is a RR key isn't it, is it period? some good relics there, nice variety of bullets

great rescue

nice finds I hope you get many more before the site gets developed..

Looks great Mark!! Glad you got in there and cleaned it out before I got in on it!!LOL The old Coke bottle I found there cleaned up well, guess that's what happens when ya have a site with 150 years of "Trash" build up!!!!.............MO

Awesome display. hope you find a plate or buckle. :thumbup: cch

Very nice finds,Try to get back out their it looks like a great spot.:thumbup:

Nice relic finds.

I know what you are talking about new development. The city and state needs to do a lot better preserving our history and faccilitating it's recovery. Makes you angry.

Anyhow, good finds. Keep it up.

Those are some really nice rescues, Mark. Good job in hunting the site. So much of southern Missouri is in national forest, where they forbid us to hunt. I look at topo maps, with locations like Battle Hollow, or, Camp hollow, and I want to go "rescue" what surely has to be there, but am angered tht the Federal Government forbids us from doing so.

As a Missourian, I am thrilled for you.

Nestor