Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Found a 1922 no D cent...:super:

dmckee17

but the dang thing is absolutely trashed :cry: (well, at least the scratch I added don't matter)!!! I went to a local "Old" pounded park today (1870's-present) for a challenging afternoon

after voting, its the kinda place where you really have to work to find anything, anyway a 4 hour hunt produced a 1922 no D cent, 1917 cent, 1945 Mercury dime and .68 cents in clad.

I've dug some pretty, chocolate colored pennies here in the past but not this time, once I got home and inspected them closer after mild a cleaning, the 1922 without a D

emerged...WOW..of all the lowly pennies I've dug this is probably one of the ugliest, but it does have a superb pedigree though.

Considering that an undug '22 "No D" in G-4 condition brings around $750 ... it would still be worth your while to try and preserve it, and maybe have it professionally restored.

DMCKee17,

I suspect that may be a counterfeit. I've dug a lot of crusty coppers, but have never seen one that is rotted the way this one is. Looks more like how a zincoln would deteriorate.

I found a 1922 no D several years ago. The D is missing because the die was polished down so much they polished the D away. Which means the 1922 is also very weak; and it looks pretty distinct on your coin.

If the other wheats and IHs you are digging at this site do come out with a nice chocolate patina and minimal rotting I would be doubly suspicious.

Chris

I've dug plenty of wheats that looked like that. They are usually from parks that have seen fertilizer and more so in low lying spots that tend to pond water in them. The condition is unfortunate but it doesn't make it any less of a remarkable find. I'm betting if you put it up for auction even a-is you'd be shocked at what you'd get for it. Great find!

I've found a couple of '22 with faint D's. Very nice find! Great pictures by the way!

NebTrac