Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Found a beauty yesterday!

broadestpower

I found a beauty yesterday cashing in change at a coin star. I can count on one hand how many silver coins that I have found in loose pocket change. I sent about $74.00 through and was checking the rejected coins in the bottom slot. I picked out the rejected coins to run them through a second time. Many coins that are rejected in the first round are often accepted in the second round. The coin basket was empty prior to throwing the rejected coins in it. I could clearly see a fine looking rejected quarter sitting amongst detected coins that weren't so pretty. I picked it out of the basket immediately looked at the edge and wanted to thank coinstar for rejecting silver. This was not a detected coin it must of slipped into the collection jar from loose change. It's nice to find silver in the Northeast in the winter with no hope of detecting! George

Since I find very few silver coins it is always exciting to see one come out of the dirt. I havent seen one in change in many years. My son gave me a rosie that he found in change.

Congratulations on that nice coin.

Nice coinstar for reject

Thanks for the congrats it's always nice to find something when it's completely unexpected. Most of the fun coin finds I' ve made detecting have also come when they are least expected. It sure brings excitement to those days that are slow to cap things off with silver or gold. I was thinking this had to come out of somebody's coin collection because there is very little signs of circulation on this coin. George

The older Coinstar machines reject silver. Not so sure about the newer models. I found a silver rosie in a Coinstar machine several years ago. I read of about someone finding a British gold coin in the rejection tray. No one should ever walk by one without looking.

I never even concidered that it was there prior to us starting. That would make more sense actually. We just poured our coins in and began the process. By the time we checked the reject bin there was a hand full of earth laden metal detected coins on top of this fine coin. I guess this truly makes this coin a coin star reject! George

Funny I always walk by the coinstar in the Safeway I live by almost daily and I ALWAYS check the reject coin slot. I've found 2 silver Canadian dimes just sitting there. Some people don't grab the rejects. It's a good idea to look cause u never know!!!!!