Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Found a few items today

Mick H

Got permission to hunt an old homestead recently. The old farmer told me I could detect the property, but that at least 50 other detectorists had been around the house. I had a couple of hours to spare, so I decided to grab the Sovereign and have a go at this "well hunted" property. It was as I expected, littered with metal rubbish, with the Sovereign nulling out time and time again. I finally got into a few pre decimal coins, including a 1913 penny. I then got a signal and dug down around 10 inches to find an old pocket watch, which was located under half a horse shoe. Unfortunately it was pretty rusted on the inside, but you can still make out a lot of the parts. I was pretty happy as it's the first pocket watch I have found. I am going to go back to the property to hunt it again, this time I hope to get a few coins from the 1800's.

Cheers

MH.

That's the way to show them what a well worked area can do when you use a Sovereign. Many times when I am told it has been worked over by others many times I will tell them "good to hear as now we can get serious as all the new stuff is gone and we can get the older and better finds" Then I go out and prove it many times and sometimes I don't do as well, but seem to always have a few good keepers.
You have the detector that can do it like no others I have seen and easy to use once you get to know it well.
Good Luck
Rick