Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Found a half Buck

Patriot 1776

Went detecting in a field and woods found no coins ect, but I found my first Deer Antler

Good find! Those don't last long in the woods - rodents eat them for the minerals.

-pete

Cool on the antler find and the wildlife fact! Rodents eat discarded antlers for the minerals? Never knew that!

That would make a nice knife handle or two! :clapping: Sweet find for sure, and yes, squirrels, mice, porcupines gobble up those sheds..the will eat them right up for the minerals....theres guys out west that specialize in finding Elk shedded antlers every year...quite a science to it..lot of work..some guys train dogs to run around the woods and sniff them out even..theres money in sheds...
Mud..

mudpuppy said:
That would make a nice knife handle or two! :clapping: Sweet find for sure, and yes, squirrels, mice, porcupines gobble up those sheds..the will eat them right up for the minerals....theres guys out west that specialize in finding Elk shedded antlers every year...quite a science to it..lot of work..some guys train dogs to run around the woods and sniff them out even..theres money in sheds...
Mud..

Mudpuppy, your fight, I noticed some small chewing marks on the end of the antler.

StBarbara said:
Cool on the antler find and the wildlife fact! Rodents eat discarded antlers for the minerals? Never knew that!
Thanks, after mudpuppy respones , I noticed chewing on the end of the antler

PSS1963 said:
Good find! Those don't last long in the woods - rodents eat them for the minerals.

-pete
Thanks, that's what I have been hearing

doc holiday said:
Nice young buck--good gene line--will be a real hoss in a couple years.

thanks, I would go back to deer hunting but fell out of a tree last time LOL