Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

found a HAND FORGED AX

GunnarMN

My brother came over to work on the computer , so I had to Watch his son who is about 4 years old , so I grabed my outlaw and said lets go find treashure, , So away we went and i figured well we will just search in the dirt drivway. 1st signal was a nail , then after that a big sound , so I had camden digging but it seemed a bit deep , so i started digging and down about 12 " was a large Iron object, and after some prying out it comes, it was an old hand made ax that was used for a splitting wedge to many times, and they smashed it , as the sides are thin they gave way I figure they used another ax to pound on it as it is bowed down in the middle of the back , I have now found at least 3 like this , and several others broke in half, maybe they did not have spliting Wedges in the day never know what you will find in the drivway SO the archeoligic evidence suggests this theay heated with wood , and had to split lots of wood often the ax got stuck in the log being split so they had to grab another ax and hammer it thru this eventully bent it out and the handle came off it was then discarded, I could see this man sweating wiping his brow and swinging the ax hard and pop the log would split in half. and one day he felt the handle getting loose and after a few more hits it failed (cot darn axx junk ) the farmer said but low he split 20 cord of wood before it broke

sweet find! I bet the kid liked the story too. Maybe you'll get him hooked at an early age.

Neat find. You don't find an axe head that abused very often.
BB

Wow, that baby took some serious abuse! And Gunnar, that was real nice of you to take a kid fishin'.

that kid had me worn out by the end of the day , flying kites, katching bugs, hid and seek, and he was just getting started,

Yep I got three of them kids and know what ya mean. When the two youngest go treasure hunting they man the Garrett Pro Pointer.

Way to go Gunnar,

Yeah them kids can wear you out, I have had to entertain 5 of my grandchildren at the same time, good thing grandma was there to :help:

Kids are a good way to stay out of trobble, because you are always keeping them out of it . ha ha

Cool find and story Gunnar. My oldest son likes detecting, but until about 2 years ago we only had one machine. We would take turns swinging and digging targets and split the proceeds. Now each of us have our own machine.