Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

found a mystery coin

dabbie1

Went tecting today at an old elementary school from the 1920s here in Delaware.Only a short hunt this morning,Sept 15,2012.Got two silver rosies for first 2 signals. A 1962 and a 1956.But the real surprise was a coin a little larger than a nickle. All I could make out at the time was what looked like a queen with crown looking straight ahead.I could make out a faint date of 1886.After getting home and a little cleaning,the coin turned out to be a liberty medallion made from the copper of the statue of liberty in the year 1986.It is a new century 1886-1986 coin.It sold for $20 dollars with shipping in 1986.The statue was restored and the copper from France was used to strike the coins.You can get the whole story by typing in liberty medallion on your pc.Also got a silver Washington quarter 1960,and a chucky cheese token 2007.HH Wayne in Delaware

Iam posting this for the second time,where as some one took it upon themselves to move it to beach and scuba.This is land detecting.Any way I was out detecting yesterday morning at 830 am.Went to a old elementary school built in 1920s here in delaware.Found some silvers,two rosies,a washington,a 2007 chuckie cheese,and then this mystery coin. All I could make out at time was a faint date of 1886. When I got home I cleaned it to see Liberty medallion with a facial front view of the Statue of liberty.This coin was made out of the original copper that was replaced in 1986 when it was restored.So this coin was struck out of copper that was over126 years old.These were sold for $20 to pay for the restoration.$13 and $7 s&h.HH Wayne in Delaware