Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

found a new quarter city

dabbie1

Went out detecting to an old school built in the 1930s.I was only there for 1 1/2 hours. Dug up 32 quarters,none of which were silver.I was using ACE250 with 10 by 14 inch coil,It gets a lot deeper,Dug one quarter at 10 1/2 inches wasnt a state quarter,but wasnt silver either.Only did a space of 20 yards by 20 yards. I got tired of digging at 64 years of age. My legs are sore today I will return on Sunday and do another section.Old school sits on 8 acres So will take quite a while to finish.Amazing this ist section was right next to a corn field.Still I was disapointed there was no silver.There should be. HH Wayne

Silver is there You will find. Happy hunting.

Kiwishane

When I find a spot like that, I do not care if there is any silver there or not. It is still a lot of fun finding that many coins.

$8.00 in quarters is good haul for one day!

Jerry

Hi Dabbie, Hers's something that I have to constantly remind myself of lest I forget....what you see is NOT what was always there. That cornfield may have been an athletic field at one time, or that little stand of trees may have been a meadow and a favorite picnic spot. I always try to look at a site with a critical eye and imagine it as it might have been. Depending on how old tha school is, the edge of that cornfield may have been the outhouses in times past, which means a lot of traffic to and from the area. Anyway, you had a heck of a day. Good luck with the rest of it.

MrGee

what was the oldest quarter the ace 250 well find sliver just go a little slower do a good grid search that a good clad hall MrGee has some good tips thanks MrGee<<<:thumbup:

An update on the quarters showed that two of them were from 1965,so,only missed by a year.Many good suggestions,I will have to go slow on next section on Sunday thanks and HH Wayne

good luck

Thats nothing,When I was in Maryland went to rosedale elmementary school and in six hours had $92 in quarters and $48 in dimes and some were silver.No silver here yet but will use ace 250 with 10 by 14 inch coil,it gets a lot deeper HH Wayne