Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Found a Political Token Today

mapper65

We were detecting an old homestead yesterday and the next door neighbor came over and said to Hotrod53, "why don't you guys come over and see what's in my yard, you can keep what you find, it's your gold". He said he's only lived in the house two months and he knows it's historic and was curious what we would find. Around that same time it started to lightning so we took off with Hotrod53 walking away with two mercs and Mom and I with a some coins in our pocket. Gotta hate those 1965 & 66 quarters.

Today we went back to the neighbor's house and got right to work. Just like yesterday we started off pulling up a few wheats. Eventually Hotrod53 pulled up an unknown indian. We were about ready to leave with nearly 50 coins between us and I had a decent 42-44 signal. About 7 inches down I could see what I thought at first might be a large cent. It turned out to be a political token with a swastika on it. It was for an election that was going to take place on September 21, 1915. Boy how times have changed that someone could put a swastika on political advertising.

Something happen to us today that's never happened before. A guy on a motorcycle came rolling up and asked Hotrod53 if he was finding anything. He told him not too much. The guy said "your not going to find anything because I put 6" of fill in that yard and by rights, I still own this property". At that point he didn't know what to say and the guy that told us that we cold detect said, "I told them it was ok". Apparently from the look on the actual owners face, he wasn't very happy about it but didn't say anything else so we kept on detecting. Evidently this guy must have been in a rent to own situation or something.

If you have a pick a street in the town that we were detecting to detect, it would probably be this street. The only problem was that it seems like both of the yards had fill in them but we were still glad to walk away with what we had.

Mark in S.E. IA said:
Before Hitler made it a bad thing the swastika was a sign of good luck. That's a cool find.

I've never known too much about Nazi history so that's really interesting to know. I've just always assumed that it was taboo from the start.

Definitely a cool find!
The swastika was specifically a Navajo good luck symbol. It is often pictured facing the opposite direction than the Nazi symbol, but neither were 100% consistent.

Nice token...I have one I found from a mayoral campaign ,c.1911, here in my city. It has the Swastika on it also for good luck.