Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Found a small Virgin Camp this morning... Wow

umrgolf

OK, so I headed back this morning to a property I've hunted for the last year (for about the 50th time) just knowing there had to be a camp out there. This camp is a small camp, but it had obviously never seen a detector until today. I found the spot about 9:30, so I invited my bud Coach Croft out and we hit it hard until about 3PM.

About 11AM, in the center of the camp, Coach Croft found this ring!!!!

It reads- UNION star star star star UNION star star star star The "N"s are backwards too!?! Has anyone ever seen a ring like this???????

He also found an 1857 Flying Eagle cent, Navy kepi button (2nd one in a week from a different property), eagle buttons, eagle button poker chip, etc etc etc.. I don't have pictures of his finds aside from the ring, because HE GAVE IT TO ME :shrug: After we left and cleaned up the finds at his house, he stopped by about an hour later and gave it to me. I tried and tried to not let him do it, but he would not take no for an answer. If you read this Coach, that is an incredibly nice thing to do and I appreciate it.

Lastly, I shot several clips of video today and I will work on putting it together tomorrow morning. I just couldn't wait to share his find.

I'm glad you two enjoyed the finds.

That ring carries such historical significance. There is no doubt about what it is and that UNION w/ a star pattern was a patriotic item sold to the soldier by a sutler.

Only one word can be used to describe those finds ..... Holy S*#@!!!! :yikes: Superb .... A plate awaits ! CCH.

Heres the video

you can change quality up to 720p if its blurry

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qstqOwX6kiU

Fantastic finds. What is the writing on the ring? UNION? VERY interesting finds for sure! HH, Nancy

Nancy-IL said:
Fantastic finds. What is the writing on the ring? UNION? VERY interesting finds for sure! HH, Nancy

Yes, in the original post I state what the ring says.. Almost surely a patriotic item.