Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Found Aggie ring returned today.

Dan(NM)

5 weeks ago I found a large Texas A&M University class ring. I spent three days searching the internet trying to find the owner. I came across a department at A&M for lost and found class rings. I sent an email with all the pertinent information first.
After 3 days I went back to the website and found a phone number. I called the phone number and talked to a lady there and gave her all the information again and she said she would do what she could to find the owner.
A week later I received an email asking for some more information. It's now been 3 weeks since I had the last contact with A&M. I wanted to make a concerted effort to reunite the ring with its rightful owner. So, I contacted A&M again. I was told by the person on the other end of the line that they had sent multiple emails and they had tried calling the number on file. The lady said that they were getting a voicemail full or not set up. She suggested that I send the ring to them and they would hold it until they were able to make contact. I told her that I wasn't willing to do that. She asked me why not? I told her I wanted to make personal contact with the owner and that that's the way I've done it with other rings that I found. She didn't sound too happy about that remark.
So on my way to town I got to thinking, why haven't they tried sending the guy a text message. So I called back again, and asked the lady if they tried sending him a text message. She said no they were unable to send a text message because all they had there were landlines. I told her I wanted to text the guy and ask her if I could have the phone number. She gave me the phone number and I tried making contact and got the same results that they did. I sent a text with no response.
On my way home I got a phone call from A&M, come to find out they were able to get a hold of his mother and he had a new number. I sent a text to the new number and within 20 seconds I got a phone call from the owner. The guy was over the moon that I had actually found his ring. He gave me the story and he told me the exact park where he was and the circumstances in which the ring was lost. Come to find out they were sending emails to his college email which he never uses and he had changed his phone number. The ring is now back with the owner, case closed.

Attachments

• ring1.jpg
    ring1.jpg
    138.5 KB · Views: 78
  • ring2.jpg
    ring2.jpg
    130.4 KB · Views: 87
  • ring3.jpeg
    ring3.jpeg
    169.8 KB · Views: 82
An Aggie here. Class of '78. You done GOOD and I'm proud of and for you!!!!
For ALL Aggies...THANKS!

Too many newbies would simply grab and run and sell/pawn. You took the high road and we all benefit from that in the long run. Good job!

5 weeks ago I found a large Texas A&M University class ring. I spent three days searching the internet trying to find the owner. I came across a department at A&M for lost and found class rings. I sent an email with all the pertinent information first.
After 3 days I went back to the website and found a phone number. I called the phone number and talked to a lady there and gave her all the information again and she said she would do what she could to find the owner.
A week later I received an email asking for some more information. It's now been 3 weeks since I had the last contact with A&M. I wanted to make a concerted effort to reunite the ring with its rightful owner. So, I contacted A&M again. I was told by the person on the other end of the line that they had sent multiple emails and they had tried calling the number on file. The lady said that they were getting a voicemail full or not set up. She suggested that I send the ring to them and they would hold it until they were able to make contact. I told her that I wasn't willing to do that. She asked me why not? I told her I wanted to make personal contact with the owner and that that's the way I've done it with other rings that I found. She didn't sound too happy about that remark.
So on my way to town I got to thinking, why haven't they tried sending the guy a text message. So I called back again, and asked the lady if they tried sending him a text message. She said no they were unable to send a text message because all they had there were landlines. I told her I wanted to text the guy and ask her if I could have the phone number. She gave me the phone number and I tried making contact and got the same results that they did. I sent a text with no response.
On my way home I got a phone call from A&M, come to find out they were able to get a hold of his mother and he had a new number. I sent a text to the new number and within 20 seconds I got a phone call from the owner. The guy was over the moon that I had actually found his ring. He gave me the story and he told me the exact park where he was and the circumstances in which the ring was lost. Come to find out they were sending emails to his college email which he never uses and he had changed his phone number. The ring is now back with the owner, case closed.
Awesome
No better felling.
Congratulations on a job well done.

Those rings mean a lot to every Aggie I've ever known, including my oldest daughter and son-in-law. Excellent work.