Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Found at a real old school site.

Scoutly

Anybody know?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 219
Interesting piece, Scoutly, found something like it a number of years ago and dug though a bunch of boxes of junk looking for it but must have discarded it. Seem to recall it was found with a bunch of parts from a badly mangled old Hubley Rifleman toy rifle. Like a lot of metal toys of that era, the parts were cast in white metal, a cheap alloy of zinc and copper or aluminum. This type of metal is fairly lightweight and not near as strong as cast iron, steel or brass so was not used in industrial machines and tools. It also corrodes badly as appears your piece has. Not sure if any of this helps at all. If it's any consolation, your item looks very familiar but can't put my finger on it and it's driving me around the bend. If all else fails, please consider putting it in your box of assorted junk, forget about it and go out and find a nice old coin. :tongue:

I believe Steve could be on to something there. Looking at it. I can possibly see it being the trigger assembly for one of those old cast cap guns. A spring could fit over the round end ant other end could pull the roll of caps to the firebug position. Just a thought.

Tore through boxes of junk looking for the piece I had like this, but nothing. Can you tell us what it's made of Scoutly, cast iron, steel, brass, or that cheap white metal? From the pic, it looks like the way zinc corrodes. Would make a difference in whether it was a mechanism in a machine or a tool or in some kind of play thing.