Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Found at resale shop - Any help with ID appreciated

G-Vegas

Hi everyone,

Anyone have knowledge of antiques?

I am trying to figure out what this would have been used for and how old it is? I can't read Chinese hallmarks. Looks hand painted.

It's approximately 4.5" across top.

Thanks!

Attachments

• dra.jpg
    dra.jpg
    166.8 KB · Views: 106
  • dra2.jpg
    dra2.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 96
  • dra3.jpg
    dra3.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 103
  • dra4.jpg
    dra4.jpg
    225 KB · Views: 106
Hi everyone,

Anyone have knowledge of antiques?

I am trying to figure out what this would have been used for and how old it is? I can't read Chinese hallmarks. Looks hand painted.

It's approximately 4.5" across top.

Thanks!
Google lens !!!! Try it

I'm inclined to believe that it's an ashtray, too. Not necessarily intended for cigarettes or cigars, but quite possibly for pipes. Chinese have smoked pipes for centuries.

The background translation tells me "year of the pig, Qing dynasty"
But the Qing dynasty lasted from 1644 to 1912.
Taking into account that the modern cigarette was invented in the 16th century, we can have an idea of its antiquity (although without confirming anything).

“Incense, Peppermints, the color of Time”, Strawberry AlarmClock, 1960s……
C’mon guys, show your age…..

My limited knowledge in ww2 we allowed them to make things but it had to say japan or made in Japan my grandfather brought back a bunch before that happened , it was part of the rebuild program