Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

found big silver today with 4 diamonds

Texas Ted

found big silver today with 4 diamonds and found some Wheaties, clad and one chucky cheese token, then a few things i don't know what they are. I was excited as heck when i found this silver. then got home to clean the dirt off of it with a tooth brush. It came out of the ground about 4" deep clean like silver does, but had to scrub the dirt off of it for pictures. well one of the diamonds came off scrubbing it and i thought it went down the drain. looked in my hand and there it was so i just set it in the hole for the pics that it came out of. also while scrubbing some of the silver came off. it is only silver plated. bummer. so now i am wandering if diamonds are real. they look good but since it is silver plated diamonds are probably cubic zirconium. still a Nice find, but not what i first thought when in the field. will be putting my other finds on the whatzit forum later.

VERY NICE LOOKING RING. I'VE NEVER HEARD OF A SILVER PLATED ONE.I WOULD DEFENIATELY HAVE THOSE STONES CHECKED. ANY MARKINGS IN THE RING? WHERE ARE YOU AT IN TEXAS? HH-MARK

It is no ring, it must have been a Broach or something to pin on a collar or dress. It is about 3 or 4 inches long and 2 inches wide. I am from Academy, Texas. and no markings anywhere that i could see.

Sorry, wouldn't be real diamonds if the metal is not gold.

I agree, the diamonds are probably not real. I can tell u a simple test to check though... Take the loose diamond and make sure its clean. Then place on top of blank white paper upside down, on the table, to be technical. Next put a small ink pen dot on the paper and slide the stone over the dot. If you can see the dot thru the stone, it is not real and probably glass. You can use this on larger set stones if the bottom of setting is open enough to see thru. Hope this helps some of our members. HH

I don't imagine the diamonds are real myself, The silver is what excited me. Once i saw it was plated i was bummed. will just throw it in the junk box.

jabbo said:
Sorry, wouldn't be real diamonds if the metal is not gold.

Not always...I HAVE seen diamonds on Silver, but very rarely....
The settings are usually better than this though...These look like glued in glass.

HH,

Gotta go with DoD and the others on this one.......I don't even think you have CZ's, rhinestones at best.