Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Found first 50 cent piece.

nalc472

[attachment 289050 50cent.JPG]

Group,

I was out detecting yesturday and the V3i read 50 cent piece.k I dug down and wow a 1971 50 cent piece. Not silver but the frist I have ever dug up. I guess they are hard to lose and hard to find. Very excited to see such a huge coin ine the hole. Also found 2 clad quaters, 1 clad dime, 2 nickels,and 8 pennies, Have 10 hours in on my new V3i and each tweak brings in greater finds. Hunting an area where we have our festival for the last 10 years where the rides are set up. Mainly for practice, however I would like to find some rings. I find about 2 coins with every pass of the area. Thanks Rob, I appreciate the advice and also using some of your custom programs settings.

Yep, you don't see that many. :thumbup:

Congratulations! :clapping:

Larger denomination coins aren't carried around much anymore, with paper currency and even debit and credit cards being favored.

The big coins were used much more frequently back in the silver days and if you keep at it, and hunt the right places, you'll come across some silver examples that are a thrill to find.

Rich -

Nice work. I have about the same number of hours on the V3i. You can set that baby up to emulate just about any detector out there.

Nice coin! And yes, they are hard to come by. The only one I have found was when I first bought my DFX several years ago.

[size=large]congrats on the find. you do want to be sure it"s not silver. my red book states some were accidentally made from silver blanches. hope that"s the right word.

HH [/size]

Howdy nalc472--

Congratulations on your First Half $! As Rich (Utah) said if you hunt older sites you will get the silver halves. I've had the best luck finding silver halves at vacant lots that once were home sites and at old abandoned homes. Best of luck and...

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel