Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Found First Silver

Drkstr62

Went to one of the schools that I've been hunting. I wasn't finding much and got a nickel hit. Dug it up and it was a small thin ring (0.8g). I thought it was junk. When I got home and cleaned it, I found that it was cracked. I spread it open and looked for markings. I found a 925 mark on it...The Time Ranger did well !!! :clapping:

Here's a picture of the ring.

[attachment 236222 0622121226.jpg]

Congrats on your first silver find. I will never forget finding the 1st silver and first gold ring. This is the most exciting hobby I have ever found, and the most addicting. Don't worry there will be more rings and hopefully more silver coins, but that is not why we who enjoy detecting go out in the hot sun, cold weather, wind and just plain yucky weather. It is nice to find silver and gold, but It is the beep of the machine that keeps us mesmerized and the prospect of what we might find on the next hunt. It is hard to explain to someone who has never really detected what causes the addiction or the excitement. I guess they will loose the items and we will clean up after them gladly. HH. Jake

The next things that I want to find are a silver coin and something gold...I got my first Silver Ring and Civil War Relic on the same day.