Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Found me a good one...

Antietamdigger

Saved me one.., South Carolina , Palmetto guards associated, Also dug half a ID tag , and I’m in contact with the retired digger who dug the first half 26 years ago, I found the soldiers name , regiment and company side , he dug the soldiers state , already have a ton of info on soldier, just awesome . HH guys

Attachments

• E7A2AB3E-2FCA-4B94-A542-188E36914287.jpeg
    E7A2AB3E-2FCA-4B94-A542-188E36914287.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 195
Awesome, AD!! That is an amazing find and backstory! How cool is that?
HH okie
Definitely amazing, I’m gathering as much info on the soldier as I can right now. I know the campaigns he was in, his pension records, had right arm amputated at Petersburg in the trenches , given $24.00 a month, where he lived what township etc. The national archives are closed right now , so I’m somewhat limited on some info. I hope to comply all the info and the soldiers story and give my half to the fellow , I believe the two halves belong together.

A.D. What a Great Historical Save and story to accompany this great relic and piece of History. I don't reckon that you can get any more personal of a relic than this. So cool that you were able to trace back the information on this soldier. This is why we do what we do, and relics such as this make every endeavour so worth while and so rewarding. Congratulations on one Super Save of our American History. (y)

A.D. What a Great Historical Save and story to accompany this great relic and piece of History. I don't reckon that you can get any more personal of a relic than this. So cool that you were able to trace back the information on this soldier. This is why we do what we do, and relics such as this make every endeavour so worth while and so rewarding. Congratulations on one Super Save of our American History. (y)
Thank you !

And when the stars aligned.......

Nice one you got there. Congrats.