Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Found more than clad.......found a new friend!

frankj3

Had the opportunity to meet and hunt with another MD'er today. Really nice guy and I had a good time. My knowledge of the site was helpful for our hunt.

It was never mentioned; no bragging done; no model comparisons made; no price paid discussed.......But you can't help notice another MDer's machine. He was using "the" Garrett AT Pro........and I was using "the" Legacy 3500. "No comparison," most would say. And, based on everything one has probably read and heard, you may concur.

Well, my Legacy 3500 held its own! Not sure if he passed on any, but I passed on 6 zincers all about 6" deep. This newbie and my 3500 had a GREAT time today!!! I picked up 1 quarter, 5 dimes and 10 pennies in a 2 hour hunt. It was all clad so no pics were taken.

For me at least, today's hunt was more about getting to meet another MDer and kindling a friendship than finding something.......mission accomplished.

At the end of our hunt, I was invited to join the club he is a member of........and I think I may join based what he had to say about the club.

HH y'all.

Frank

Awsome frank good to hear man :). I belong to the local club here and there a lot of fun.
I hunt with a guy that swings an at gold and we compare signals all the time and I have yet to see his machine hit on something that mine cannot and vice versa. Its all what works for u. Glad to hear u had a good time cheers

Sounds like a good guy....yes, most of us have been on the receiving end of disparaging remarks regarding gear in one form or fashion...and thats the right place to be, for you can tell the measure of a person if thats how they judge you, by what you are wearing, driving, etc...
Mud

There are some extremely nice people in the Metal Detecting Community...:thumbup:

Always take pics.
I don't always snap shots of the finds, alone.
I get pics of the area, notable features, what have you.
And pics of the finds are always appropriate.

Nice you met a decent bloke and found a group.
Be warned though, detecting sites are like fishin holes- be careful how you share em:
[attachment 294402 image.jpg]

I was about to leave for a week's worth of travel for work when he called asking me if I wanted to hunt the beach. It was Father's Day and he said the beach was packed........but so were my bags.......and I had a flight to catch instead.

I have not spoken with him since I returned but the weather has been anything but conducive to metal detecting. We were about 20" behind in rainfall but I bet we are only a few inches behind now!!

I hope to spend some time at the beach early each morning over the holidays!

Happy Birthday America!! I love you with all I am and all that I can be....because you, your veterans, and our God have given me the chances and opportunities to try and excel at whatever I choose!!!

HH Y'all.

Frank