Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Found My 1st Class Ring

MickTwin

Took my Sov XP 2 - Pro w/old stock 10" BBS coil to the salty beach today and found my first class ring! It was only about 4 inches down in hard wet sand. I need to clean it.

Inside the ring are initials JES and this symbol:

A nice one ! Congrats ...

Mick great job! And congrats on a first! Two things: looking at the tarnish on that ring, I would say go over that beach again a few times. A classy is usually pretty heavy for a ring, so there's bound to be more holding there. And, you might find that symbol matches with one of the class ring manufacturers like Balfour, or Jostens, etc... Here's a link to Jostens : http://www.jostens.com/rings/class_rings_lp_hs.html. Good luck, and great job!

Mick WTG on your first Class Ring!!!! Good too meet you Mick / You have a Great name my name is Mick!!!! (mickfin)
Did you clean it yet??? I didnt think Gold turned colors Like that??? Mick my first Class Ring N last one years ago,
Was a 1937 squar setting no stone it was Gold platted, Will have a Glass of wine 4R you, Keep on Keeping on Mick, Mickey Lewis,

A lot of class rings that have been sold are Siladium which may be what you have there.

BCOOP

Your class ring looks to be silver.

lol

Lustrium , Celestrium , Siladium, are all fancy names for stainless steel and all the ones I have found haven't corroded or turned black. I have only found one silver class ring since I have been water hunting. Strange you don't see a makers name inside. Jostens, Balfor, Terryberry and the main ones all have their name inside.

Would love to see the symbol don't know who made it.

Congrats on the class ring! It's always a thrill (and a good sign) to find a big ring like that. HH!

SS could mean "Sterling Silver"....other abbreviations are "St Sil" , "Ster Sil" and the like. I dont know if some of these abbreviations guarantee the silver content of the article, as they dont seem to be "official" abbreviations, but your ring certainly looks like silver (very oxidised). HH

Cleaned it up a bit (with toothpaste) and took a picture of the logo.. here it is:
1000320u.jpg
1000313gn.jpg

Thanks again for the well wishes everyone.. I hope this is just the first of many many more!

Rob in NY
"MickTwin"

n/t

I've got an artcarved siladium ring that I found three years ago.It has saladium spelled out inside the ring.It's real fancy with a gold crest over the stone,class of 1994.I've contacted the owner(his name was engraved inside the ring) and he has yet to claim the ring.I'm begining to think that there might be a story behind the loss of this ring.

I just want to let you guys know I got a test kit and the ring tested positive for silver! Now (since my curiosity has been satisfied) I will begin a hunt for the owner. Thanks for all the comments and well wishes. Rob