Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Found Oct 3rd

bad boy

My DFX came back from the plant after getting some work done on it.. They put a new stock coil on it (9.50). I was able to find this around 15 minutes later. I still have a smile on my face when I find a silver coin. its just hard to explain to people who do not metal detect. Sort of the feeling you got when you woke up Christmas Day. I usually loose interest in some hobbies after a couple of months. Metal detecting has stayed with me for over 25 years. My Guitar playing is another hobby of mine with over 50 years of playing. I have a third one and that ice fishing. These 3 Hobbies usually keep me grounded. I am heading out to a place that used to be a Rod and Gun club. I was told my the owner that some years ago there were a couple of guys metal detecting the property. They were from his job at the time. They probably came in and cherry picked the property. its around 2 acres, I am hoping they left stuff behind for me. Taking the DFX out with the Double D Eclipse coil . This coil is new to me, It may take some time to get used to it. its brand new, so I hope to break its cherry today. Any suggestions are appreciated. its all good ground and a green lawn so I have to dig accordingly. Thanks for listening guys, I know you like pictures and I will try my best to provide them, Happy hunting!....................Pete

Outstanding! :clapping: You write a good post, so keep it up! A lot of us are new at this, myself being at it for only @4yrs...you are right, its an interesting and consuming sport for those that enjoy being outside and hunting treasure!
Mud

Looking forward to seeing what you find. Silver is always sweet and sure isn't being replenished. I had a DFX and I belive you are talking about the big 14" Eclipse I recall it was heavy and not a great increase in depth but coverage is great. I do like the 10" D2 coil very much. If you want to go big the 12x10" SEF has good balance - feels light and get good coverage and depth. Like you a few things have held my sanity - kept me grounded, motorcycles for over 35 years and detecting for over 28. The dead of winter can be tough for me unless we get a good storm that ruffles up the shoreline for winter beach hunting. No ice fishing yet, I leave that to my stepson. I retired fairly young two years ago and now get a whole lot of coil time and the competition for sites in my area is high with soany people entering the sport. Welcome to the forums.
HH - Bruce