Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

found old military button what era is it from

mark47

20201112_170815.jpg
20201112_170815.jpg

Not a great seal, no circle over the eagle. Need the back mark to date it but the style is a staff button, predates 1908 and could be cw.

I do not believe the eagle appears to be the “chicken” variety. I have a few and they look different. That eagle looks very much like CW. Cool find. That eagle carried on after the war for just a few years before the chicken neck eagle came on. If it has a blank backmark I would suspect it’s immediately after the war.