Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

found oldest coin!

I was running my vx3 in coin and jeweler mode and I was hunting a fresh plowed farm field. I had one good target and pulled out an 1800 draped bust half penny! I was floored when she popped out of the hole! I will try to post some pics later tonight. I only hit like 1/4 of the field! Can't wait to go back in the morning. :yikes:

Kool find Kozman! I'll bet that opened your eyes up to what the V is trying to tell ya. Good job! You seem to be learning your V really well. I hope I can do the same with my new unit. I'm still too afraid to take her out on a real hunt yet!

Charles

I was like what was that another chunk of crap metal... but it rang up 72 vdi coin symbol. I dug and was like what the heck is it... them after a quick look up on goggle is when I did my happy dance in the field. I am finishing my coffee and breakfast and hitting the same field.

Sounds like your having a great time, looking forward to the pictures and think fields and riverbanks will be my next hunting grounds

went out this morning and hit the same field. I found 1895 Barber quarter!:spin: I will post pics later tonight I have to run to a softball game,

1895coins005.jpg
[/URL][/img]

Here is a pic of my Barber! Darn rain kept me home today!

Howdy kozman4907--

Congratulations on digging your oldest coin. It's always cool to break into the 19th century :clapping: Did you check the mint mark? The 1895-S Quarter is the best of the 3 mints. Best of luck and...

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel