Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

found so far in last 2 weeks

billn1956

1-1910 v nickel 1-1928 mercury 1-1964 rosie 1-1964 washington quarter 9 - wheeties $ 2.03 clad and the assorted junk .Have just had my xlt for 2 weeks and before that my best detector was,,a 1260 fisher let me tell you if i ever get the hang of programing this detector i will think of myself as a pro. I was hunting at my old house next to the train track and was ready to give up with the ground conditions. went to another site, open field very few targets.And there i was able to start learning to use this detector.I am now buying a classic id for when i can get some one to go with me.My grandson loves to go so he is watching for the ups truck.If anybody has a small coil he can bring himself to let go of that will work with these detectors eaither of them ,,please let me know. Also I live in mulberry arkansas if some one is close and wants to meet up for a hunt some time..HH

Hi Bill

The 5.3 Bullseye or BlackMax coils will work om either the XLT or Classic ID, these coils are 6 inch diameter coils and really work well in the trash. They show up in the classifieds every once in a while on here for around $50 used. Good luck with the XLT, and the Classic ID ain't no slouch either.

I now I do, and I've owned a good number of them since their release. Even today, my XLT is part of my main detector battery. I keep a 5.3 Eclipse mounted on the XLT, and work the same-size 5.3 Eclipse on he MXT.

I have the 950 mounted on a spare lower rod for times when I hunt more open areas with fewer, more spaced targets. I fiddled with the XLT a lot through the years before settling on my three Custom Programs and now it's quick to get into action when I arrive at any site. The main-use program is rather 'hot' and I can quickly bump it up if conditions allow, or equally fast calm it down and spend more time hunting.

If you shoot me an E-mail I'll gladly send you my custom programs and respond to any particular questions you might have. MonteVB@comcast.net

As for getting a Classic ID, the stock coil is fine for many uses as it is a dedicated slow-motion/quick-response design, but I would consider either a 5.3 Eclipse (6