Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Found some lost milk money

mander154

Took Thanksgiving week off from work so I got to spend some quality time with the Xterra 705.
I hit some parks and schools and made the following finds.

The first photo is everything from Sunday through Friday. It was slow going, and for some reason, my readings were off on the Xterra, but I did find a 5 cent piece from the Bahamas, which was my coolest find.

Found my manual and on Saturday morning, I went back to the factory presets and then adjusted to the specs a friend had suggested I use.
After a couple of false starts, I found an abandoned playground and in four hours, I found 28 quarters, 25 dimes, and 24 pennies (most of which were dug early, while I was waiting to find some quarters).
I also found 2 keys and an Honor Society pin.

On Sunday, I decided to head out despite the drizzle.
On a lark, I stopped at an elementary school on the way to where I was going...I never did make it to my original destination.
I spent 4.5 hours in the mulch, searching the playground and found 61 quarters, 24 dimes, 20 nickels, and 17 pennies (most of which read 38/40 so I was hoping for dimes/wheaties).
I'm guessing I found a lot of lost milk money!!!

I also found a matchbox car and a necklace, that says 925.
For a girl, I know very little about jewelry, so I'll have to take it somewhere to have it looked at.

I'm now at 420 quarters since I started detecting in March.

I hope you all had a Happy Thanksgiving!!!

HH :detecting:
Amanda

Looks like a very productive 3 days. Which coil were you using on the 705?

That Super Bird is a neat find as well as the silver necklace...

You've come a long way in 8 months Amanda! :clapping: Congratulations on over $100 in quarters!

That is an amazing amount of coinage! Those playgrounds must be well-used. Living in a rural area, it is hard to find populated playgrounds.
Andy from Hillsborough

That is quite a nice bunch of coins. Congratulations.

Hi Amanda, congrats on the finds, including the 925 necklace. If you dont know much about jewellery, you can pretty much find out what you need to know through the internet. For silver (and gold), just google any markings on the object and see where it leads you. You might have to visit several websites to find out what you want to know, but that is fun too. HH