Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

found the detector of my dreams & the winner is :thumbup:

wltdwiz

hi all
after 40 years of coin hunting & owning most of everything on the market ive found the coin detector of my dreams :detecting:
i owned a cz5 once opon a time but had to sell it due to lack of funds :stars:
but things are better now
had a friend offer me a cz3d with an 8 inch coil at a good price & i gotta tell you i took to it like a fish to water
what a joy to hunt with
& good depth im our hot az ground 90% of the finds were 6-8 inches deep
the pix dont look like a lot but the coins are out of a pounded park only hunted an hour they say nothing left .....Wrong lots of coins still there for the cz :thumbup:
this is gonna be fun :detecting:
p.s looks like im home almost all :fisher: in my herd

[attachment 293971 firsthuntcz3dDSCN0864.JPG]
[attachment 293972 firsthuntcz3dDSCN0865.JPG]

not to heavy well ballanced :detecting:
i love it :thumbup:

Never found the conventional CZ to be that heavy but it doesn't have good ergonomics and many complain about the weight and weighting.
Good new is it can be easily hipmounted which is a way out for those that find it hard to swing for hours.
Only two models the CZ7 and CZ7A had good ergonomics and yes used every CZ model ever made....

I find the chest mount (diagonal mount, belt over one shoulder) to be the most comfortable for me. Waist mount either in the middle or off to the sides interferes when bending or swinging because I switch arms during the days hunt. The only small PITA is when pinpointing, if you have a shovel in the other hand. I stick the shovel or lean it on my leg/hip.

Congrats on finding you favorite! I just traded 1 of the Xterra 705's I had for a CZ-3D. I like the knob type machines over newer machines, the Sovereign may have a little competition as my favorite!

Good Luck,

Walt 2

Well I just received my CZ 3D and have only used it in my yard. This is about the worst balance and heaviest setup I've used. Even worse than an Etrac. I hip mounted control and the S shaft still has a bad feel with the 10.5" coil on it. Will defiantly be mounting whole setup on a straight shaft.

yup the cz is a bit heavy :stars:
to heavy for this old guy
great machine but im going back to my gold bug pro lighter faster & suits my hunting better
glad i got a chance to give the cz3d a go but now its gotta go my friend wishes he hadent sold it so its going back to him :sadwalk:

I'm glad I had 2 Xterra 705 or I would be upset with myself. I'm going to make a straight shaft setup and hipmount control to give it a chance.

Wow, four days ago it was the detector of your dreams, best one in 40 yrs. and now you have gotten rid of it. I'm confused.

That was pretty quick to go from best to having to go. I have mine hip mounted on my sovereign straight shaft for its maiden beach voyage tomorrow. Much better feel with a straight shaft over the S shaft even hip mounted.

i guess im getting old & senile :thumbup:
& i dont have to put out a bunch o bucks for the cz3d
& we dont have silver coins here like back east..
my gold bug pro will do fine as we do have nuggets :detecting:

I don't need to look at the meter since I tone hunt with it. Super balanced with both the 8 and 10.5 inch coils. I have both my CZ6a's and my CZ20 mounted this way.

:clapping: nice

That is the exact setup I will be rigging up. I don't even like the S shaft with control hipmounted but the lower under am mount looks ok. I'm thinking of adding a toggle pinpoint switch to handle.

Chest mounted it is a dream to swing.
I had one with a shorted coil.(which i didn't know) so got rid of it.:surprised:
Would consider another.