Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Found this and other interesting relics. Would like ID

Pete4AU

What is this? It looks to me like something that fits into a musical instrument to blow through. When it's tapped with a hard object it sounds like class.
Thanks for your time.
Pete4AU
[attachment 306449 glassthing01.png][attachment 306450 glassthing02.png]

You can watch it an some other relics being found here [video]http://youtu.be/naPOtdS-4Rw[/video]

That is an old ceramic electrical insulator. Google ceramic electrical insulators,and you
will find the exact copy of what you have.

Used all throughout... That's how they got the cloth-wrapped wire through the wall studs... They would drill a hole, insert the insulator, then thread the wire. Each circuit needed two insulators per stud. One for the hot lead, and one for the common.

Pete, on your latest Youtube video the one where you are hunting along the old road and house site, at I believe around 23:10, that round thing I think is is a tip or "charger" end of a gunpowder flask. Very cool old relic!

[attachment 306485 powderthing.png] If it is .. I left it out there!!! I think I know exactly where though and I'm headed to a place right passed it tomorrow! Once again, thank you for your information.

Pete

I sometimes hunt a WW1 Training Camp dumpsite and find a few of those. At first I didn't know what to think but was told they were some sort of ceramic electrical insulator that was used in the past. I once found one that was coated like a brown Bennington marble? Must of come from the Officer's Quarters. Ha! Best of luck out there and HH!

Yep, that's what I'm talkin' about.
A nice piece of history,well worth saving.
Hope you can find it again.

Texadillo,

Your quotes ... "Sometimes the best find is experiencing the adventure!" Most of the time that is the case with me. The ADVENTURE! A good find is simply icing on the cake.
"I cover my holes and leave no trace" But you are leaving something ... Your dignity and character!

All the best and HH to you too

Pete

Thanks for the kind words Pete:thumbup: Seems the older I get I realize that it is the "adventure" that really keeps our spirit and dreams alive and like you said a goodie found is the icing on the cake! Here in SE Texas I run into my digging partners(armadillos)frequently while searching in the woods and I can tell you they are lazy about covering their holes. I keep telling them to cover their holes but they just run off:laugh:

Randy

Hi Pete,
Do you mean that you want to mention "Chispa" in your video ?
Ok by me, but I do expect royalties LOL!!
Just don't try paying me off in horse or mule shoes!!!

Yep, mention 'chispa' in the video as you deserve the credit for the fact that I trudged all the way back there and retrieved it.
Do you remember that eagle buckle I thought was a big button? I tried to send you a PM in regards to it but couldn't. I want to give it to you so you can add it to your collection.

Pete