Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Found this today, Has anybody got a clue?????

d-2

This was found by SoArk in a swimming hole we are working. At first it was thought that it was a "rocker base Sharps" but now we aint got a clue. Could it be a modern bullet for a muzzle loader??? There is no patina 'cause it has been in the water and it is driving me crazy. It aint driving SoArk crazy 'cause he is already there...d2

d2..................... I resemble that remark!! %$^#@$*&^&%$#$ Thanks for posting the pic for me. Just saw the muscle beach photo on your website...... I ain't commented yet on it...... trying to think of something "worthy" to post in response!

ihuntrelics, I'm all but certain that it's a .54 cal. Sharps, I just don't know what kind it is. I don't recall ever finding one like it before. The base is like a ringtail has been mashed back onto a flat base, and rounded a bit...... kinda weird.

Kim

damage the nose any but has deformed the base from the percussion. :shrug: The one that I found the other night has a deppressed base from where it had been fired.( Made it hard to identify at first.)

That's what we call bullets that didn't get a full pour into the mold. However, it is possible it could be a variant. If so, there should be a few examples showing up somewhere on the Net. I think somewhere in the thousands of bullets I've dug, I have a few examples similar to yours. It appears to be a tie ring sharps as we suspect.
David@Dixie

Looks to me like it is a bullet that formerly had a gas check attached. Sharps were paper patch bullets and had a bit longer area on the heal for the paper ring to fit on. Can't see any rifleing marks...

Oh, yeah...THAT OTHER THING LOOKS LIKE A NASTY QUARTER! :surprised:

We kinda figured it was a sharps of some type but not sure it is a tie ring sharps. I am still looking and thanks for the replys...d2