Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Found this yesterday( after cleaning)

prodrigsr

Came in as a solid pulltab hit. Does anyone know why it would hit that way. It is silver and weighs about 30grams.

Reason I am asking is, can it be white gold ?

If it is silver, then one of the reasons it hit as pull tab is possibly the ground conditions playing a part. Or there was a piece of trash/iron very close that affected the discrimination ID.

Does it still hit as pull tab in an air test ?

Link size. Couple years back I found a very nice sterling chain with sterling cross and a diamond chip that I would not have dug if the cross had not been there. The cross came up coin but the chain, by itself, came up solid iron and it was not a very thin link on the chain. Very small links and the chain won't be detected at all. Get or borrow a sample of chains and do a little testing.

Nice find.
tvr

Tried 3 different detectors and all came in at low/pulltab mark. ????

Nice chain and glad you dug the signal.

Like they say, the best discriminators are your eyes and a shovel. Only true way to tell what a target is, is to dig it up and look at it.

My guess its low grade silver and whatever its mixed with pulls it into the pulltab range...Sterling would come in higher and have a 925 marking and imagine if it was white gold would be marked....Could be foreign and if so not all of them are marked...Only you local jewelry contact can tell you for sure so time to have it checked out..

Silver can come in with a lower reading if it is thin enough to trick the detector.