Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Found two 58 Caliber Mini Balls and an Infantry Button

timwied

[attachment 355603 Bullets1.jpg][attachment 355602 InfantryButton2.jpg][attachment 355601 Finds1.jpg]

Went to what I thought was an old homestead today, but there was absolutely nothing there! I drove about a 1/4 mile down the road and saw two old cedar trees standing out in the middle of a pasture. I already had permission from the landowner so I drove out to it, got out my Fisher F4, and noticed in between the Cedars was an old dilapidated windmill! Well maybe it's here for watering cattle years ago? Started hunting around for about 10 minutes and hit a harmonica reed!!! Alright!!! Kept searching for a little while and then I hit the 1880 Indian Head Cent! No more than 15 feet from that I hit a solid 70! Could be a Wheatie or maybe a dime! If so it has to be old, didn't find any trash or junk yet! Dug down about 4 inches and out popped White Lead!!! Had a piece sliced off of it, and another mark on it, but hadn't been fired! Awesome!!! Covered up my hole, stomped it in and swung my detector over it one more time and Bang! Another 70!!! 2 inches!!! Pinpointed it about 2 inches away from the first, and sure enough the second one popped out! This one was all there, with a couple little Knicks on it. It was beautiful!!! Almost had to go change clothes then!!! Then I started to swing a little farther out from the windmill, probably 100 feet out. That's when I hit the button! Saw the I, and got excited again! It's smaller than others I've found, may be a cuff button? Hadn't found an Infantry button before! Got home and gently scrubbed it with a little soap and saw Gold still there! This baby is Cool! I love this hobby!!! 10 years, 7 months and 28 days, and I'll be doing this full time!!! I'll give up this working for a living stuff! Not my calling anyway!!! LOL. Just glad to actually be out instead of reading all the Finds and wishing I was. I think I read all of Finds several times this winter! Happy Hunting!! Thanks for letting me ramble on!!!

The back of the button says Thadan? Horstmann & Co. So after the Civil War.

Sorry, was reading part of it upside down, it says, "Horstmann & Co. NY & PHI.", so it is from the 1860's!!! Sweet! HORSTMANN & C0. / N.Y. & PHI.
1860’s. Google the following Number, this is the same back mark.
GS-4R28S-3P

[attachment 355608 Backmark.jpg]

Finally got a good picture of the Backmark!

n/t

Looks like civil war to me buddy. Nice finds. HH

Thanks for looking, really enjoy seeing all your finds and sharing mine!

Well done. Those are some nice finds.

Tim. Nice all around. What state are you located in ?

Cajuncoinhunter said:
Tim. Nice all around. What state are you located in ?

I'm in eastern Kansas, quite a few border wars here! Still are!!! Go KU!!!