Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Found what looks like an American Indian tool today

jabbo

A rock with 2 round holes in it. To me, it looks like a palm rock, used with a bow string, at the top of the spindle, to make fires. It was just laying on the surface waiting to be picked up. After I picked it up, it took me a few seconds to realize what it might be. Never found any arrow heads yet and this area was heavy with Indian tribes. The other things were found yesterday about 1/2 mile downstream during low tide. The coin is a King George penny, barely identifiable. Two musket balls, bullet, and a girls Indian style silver ring. All of yesterdays finds were less than 3 inches deep. No coins today, will have to go back to yesterdays spot, might be more goodies there. The ring might have been there a long time, nobody swam in the river for more than 60 years now. If anybody knows more about the rock I would be interested to know. Jabbo

I've seen many different rocks at the beach with similar holes due to erosion but seeing as this came from a river, you don't see those kind of rocks so it has to be an Indian 'palm' rock like you mentioned. I really like the silver 'crossed arrows' ring....very cool!!:clapping:

Thanks for the replies. Seems that's what it is. A friend in Ohio said Indians used the bow setup to drill beads too. I'll keep using my magnifying glass and sun shine to make fire.

That's good that you noticed that as an artifact, I would have most likely tossed it. Like GS said, we see a lot of that at the beach and think nothing of it. Just shows, you need to be aware of were you are and what could be found!..... Nice finds and WTG

jabbo, you made some incredible finds!

Hello, I think like you that is a hand rest to fire. According to what I saw is what I thought. I have also seen these stones on the beach ... You can do a test, if it fits in your hand you have 97% chance that it is.
Congrats!